Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I am using the jaSlideshow 2 component to feature sections of my site. http://www.newcitycompanies.com/new. I am not a programmer, but looking through the forums, I have been able to change the tabs so that they bring up the appropriate image on mouseover rather than on click.

However, I want to be able to have users click on the tabs to go to the link that is referenced by the “Learn More” link in the component. This seems like a very natural behavior, but I have no idea how to make it happen. Is there some way to be able to get those tabs to be clickable?

I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Thanks
    Joey

Sherlock Friend

Dear shotley,

Please give me your FTP Account via the ticket UTO-513-99481 Then I will add the feature for you.

Sherlock Friend

Dear shotley,

You can try as following for this issue
    1) Open the file of modulesmod_jaslideshow2mod_jaslideshow2.php,Look for this code
    [PHP] require( JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath( $module->module, ‘default_articles’ ) );
    unset($list);[/PHP]
    And change it to
    [PHP] require( JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath( $module->module, ‘default_articles’ ) );
    $urls = array();
    foreach($list as $lis){
    $urls[] = $lis->link;
    }
    unset($list);[/PHP]

Then look for this
    autoPlay: <?php echo $autoplay; ?>, at about line 332 and adding below it this code
    urls:[‘<?php echo implode(”,”, $urls); ?>’],
    targets:””,

2) Open the file of modulesmod_jaslideshow2assetsscript.js,Look for this code
    if (this.options.urls) {

And change it to

if (this.options.urls) {

thumbs_handles.getChildren().each(
    function(ite, idx){
    ite.addEvent(‘click’,function(){
    var url = this.options.urls;
    if (url) {
    var target = this.options.targets;
    switch(target){
    case “_blank”:{
    window.open(url, “newWindow”);
    break;
    }
    default:{
    window.location.href = url;
    break;
    }
    }
    }
    }.bind(this));
    }.bind(this)

);

I hope these would help !

shotley Friend

Wow. Thank you so much for posting this. I could never in a million years have figured it out.
    It worked perfectly. You guys are great!:D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  shotley 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum