Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’m trying to complete an ecommerce site that will be using Larix.

I’m using a 3rd party slideshow which is published to the ‘slider’ location.

I’m trying to have the other module positions collapse, but no matter what i do, I can’t get the extra space off of the front page.

I’m looking for which CSS values to change to make the homepage collapse completely.

Thanks for your help.

site: tsquaredtees.com

Larix 1.3
    Joomla 1.5.2

Sherlock Friend

Hi !
    You open default.css file in templates/ja_larix/css/colors folder, find following code section at about line 26 :

#ja-mainbody-inner {
    background:transparent none no-repeat scroll right top;
    padding:25px 0;
    }

change to :

#ja-mainbody-inner {
    background:transparent none no-repeat scroll right top;
    padding:0px 0;
    }

then open template_css.css file in templates/ja_larix/css folder , find following code section at about line 800 :

#ja-mainbody-inner {
    background:transparent url(../images/top-border-r.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;
    padding:25px 0;
    }

change to :

#ja-mainbody-inner {
    background:transparent url(../images/top-border-r.gif) no-repeat scroll right top;
    padding:0px 0;
    }

marcwolf Friend

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. I really appreciate it.

marcwolf Friend

Hi,
    I changed all the values, (i think i tried this already before posting), but still get whitespace in the main content area, even though there is nothing published there;

Thanks again for your support.

marcwolf Friend

OK- ignore last post- your answer does work!

now i just need to figure out how to create a top margin so that when there is content, there is space between the top and the content…

Cheers

marcwolf Friend

I duplicated the template, and then edited the copied one so that there is 0 padding on the mainbody (as described above), and then assigned this copy to the homepage, while leaving the regular template with the padding for the rest of the site. So now the homepage can display only the slideshow;

Maybe there is a more elegant way to do this, but this is working.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  marcwolf 16 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum