Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello there,
    I have a problem making the dropline menu same color as the section. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong – I have my sections coloured in Ja News2, but I can’t get that effect for the Dropline menu. I know it’s a stupid problem, and if there is some information about my problem here, I’m sorry, I couldn’t find any. Thank you in advance.

korben Friend

Figured, sorry for bothering!

peterpeter Friend

Hi, since you have figured it out – will tell us about it? I did not figure it out yet. Thanks

korben Friend

Well, I don’t know where my mistake was but step by step here’s what you should do:
    1. Install Jazin plugin, fire it and make menu.
    2. Edit the menu and then from the template manager change the main menu for Teline III to magazin. You might want to delete mainmenu if you are not going to use it.
    3. In the Ja News2 module, there’s box (Section (category) ids). Here you specify what sections are going to be shown on your front page. Adding them is easy :
    If you have section called Sport and it’s id is 2, then you input – “2:green (or deepblue,lime,orange,red,cyan) When you add multple sections make sure each section is on separate line – example:
    1: green
    2:red
    etc.
    Basically, what Jazin is doing is making menu with links for every section and category in your site. The color style for the sections and categories in that section is being taken from what you input in this box.
    4. Save, go on your frontpage CTRL+F5 and you should be fine.

peterpeter Friend

Well, not really true. The colors are retained only if your menu items are set to category blog. If it’s an article, the color is default – that is ugly blue. And there is no way to put an article on the pageand retain the section color other than by using an additional module and putting the text inside it. How will it slow the performance? Instead of having a simple site, you will have to keep complicating it enormously. Then, when you open an article, the drop-line menu looses its color alltogether anyway.
    Joomlart has produced some of the most elegant templates ever made for Joomla. Pitty that they do not provide any assistance. The templates are mighty complicated, quite complex, but people who download them are not aware of it. In fact, these templates are for professionals who know php and coding. For a guy like me, who just wants to start a site, Joomlart templates are useless. It takes a year to figure out all the complexities, and by the time you finally understand how they put them together, you don’t like the template anymore and are sick of months of searching for answers. How is it possible that the develoeprs do not provide a simple and coherent answer to one of the most common questoins: how to change the width of the template, how to change collumns, etc. There are tens of blogs on that subjects – and most of them don’t work. Where is the author of the template? Where are the answers? Blog is a mess, no documentation, finding an answer – 99% of which are developed by bloggers, not the authors – takes weeks or months of searching and trials. I would not recommend Joomlart templates to anyone who is not a professional who loves riddles instead of setting up a site. Imagine being a designer and having a clinet. And it will take you 3 months to learn from others how to change the right column from 200px to 300px. Pain in the neck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  peterpeter 14 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum