Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

G’day,

I recently joined Joomlart today and urgently upgrading my site. I came from Rockettheme after my disappointment with there old browser support – hopefully JA is different.

However getting the template to look how I want is proving to be difficult already and I haven’t begun to do the big items yet lol. I am wanting to change the column widths so the left and right column are about the same (which I have done). However the main column (center 1) is not extending to the available space left by the right column.

How can this be fixed because I searched for ages looking for a reply – none although lots of people have same issues.

Thanks, Justin

EDIT: Site is offline but I have set the login details for JA mods.

1. displayproblem
    scotty Friend

In template.css keep increasing the 70% until you get what you want….

#ja-mainbody {
    float:left;
    width:70%;
    }

justin_v8sfg Friend

I tried that but it creates another probiem – white spaces around the main column?? See attachment

1. displayproblem_2
    scotty Friend

that’s due to the background images being too narrow to allow for the new width. You need to make all (2 or 3) of the ‘content-center’ gifs wider. they’re in your template/images folder.

justin_v8sfg Friend

<em>@scotty 120848 wrote:</em><blockquote>that’s due to the background images being too narrow to allow for the new width. You need to make all (2 or 3) of the ‘content-center’ gifs wider. they’re in your template/images folder.</blockquote>

Thanks, since I changed the mainbody from 70% to 77%, how much wider do I make those images?

scotty Friend

I don’t know.

Take a screen shot and open it in your image editor and create new background images from there.

justin_v8sfg Friend

Does anyone know if its possible to set all three coloumns to a desired width in px. Eg I want to have the left and right columns 200px wide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  justin_v8sfg 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum