Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Ok I am almost there, and I believe I understand the extra step I need to take, although I am not sure now to get there…

If you look at the site http://www.lsanashville.com you can see I created a new module position above the main body and right and left….
    and very proudly so lol…. however it takes up the span of the page..

I also can move moo tabs pretty much to the same position…. and without a left and right it spreads…

I want to have the module aligned left over the main body…

So I am thinking I need to begin the formatting—

left —– right —— module

and then a similar row

left —- right —– main body

Is this making sense to anyone besides me?? If so,…how do alter it to have it aligned left over the width of the main body??

Any help at all would be appreciated….

I am using Jooma 1.5.1 now….

Thanks,
    Alicia

alicia Friend

Alicia;40882Ok I am almost there, and I believe I understand the extra step I need to take, although I am not sure now to get there…

If you look at the site http://www.lsanashville.com you can see I created a new module position above the main body and right and left….
    and very proudly so lol…. however it takes up the span of the page..

I also can move moo tabs pretty much to the same position…. and without a left and right it spreads…

I want to have the module aligned left over the main body…

So I am thinking I need to begin the formatting—

left —– right —— module

and then a similar row

left —- right —– main body

Is this making sense to anyone besides me?? If so,…how do alter it to have it aligned left over the width of the main body??

Any help at all would be appreciated….

I am using Jooma 1.5.1 now….

Thanks,
    Alicia

Don’t look at the link…I nuked the site so it would be fresh….
    But look at JA Corona
    It has the very positions I would like to incorporate into this template…
    It has two positions above the main body and left and right…..

I would like the option of two or three in that row…

So lets change courses here…maybe this will be easier?????

Any ideas on adapting the code from that template into this template?

Menalto Friend

Give us a quick drawing on how you want it?

alicia Friend

Menalto;41402Give us a quick drawing on how you want it?

Hi there Menalto,
    I think there are three ways this can be done which may be able to accomplish this. I do not know from a standpoint of modules and layouts which would be the most practical. Ideally I would like to have a fluid position above the main body, for moo tabs etc. So here are my images… Also the top of the template with my flash show and the menu etc.. they would remain there, so of course the spacing would have to be uniform.

Option 1
    would just be adding a module position next to left and right and over the main body.

Option 2
    would be to create two module positions above left right and main body.

Option 3
    would be to create three positions.

When you use a narrow layout like I am doing, in order to take better advantage of the tabs etc.. you really need to have them on the larger side of the page.

Thanks much,
    Alicia

1. option1
    2. option-2
    3. option3
    Menalto Friend

What i did was to combine all 3 of your images, i put the moo-tabs above mainbody and put 3 modules in a row above left,right and mootabs. And in J1.5 version. I have the files ready here,gonna upload them somewhere where you can get them. Its night here so im off to sleep for a few so ill do it tomorrow. If you are on msn or skype just add me there too so i can send them there.

alicia Friend

This is getting very exciting!
    I can’t wait to see it.
    I will PM you Skype details.

Alicia

marigny Friend

Hi Menalto (Alicia),

this is exactly what i NEED! Can you tell me where I can download this files for Fagus (Version 1.53)

mfcphil Friend

You can also get extra banner modules above left/right and main body

marigny Friend

Thank you MfcPhil! It looks very nice on your site, but I have test it for 1.53, and it isn´t that what I need. I want to put the Content Slider Module over the body and perhabs a modulposition over left/right but no banner.

I hope Menalto or Alicia would tell me where I can download Menalto´s files, because Menaltos solution seens exactly that what I want.

marigny Friend

Hi Menalto,

please tell me where I can download your Fagus files! I want to put the Content Slider Module over the body and perhabs one or two modulpositions over left/right are also be good.

Thanks
    Marigny

Or can anyone exactly guide me how to do it myself?.

What I tried was to add three modul-positions in template.xml and config three moduls in the backend to this positions, but it doesn´t work. 🙁

Menalto Friend

I will do a search and see if i still have the files here somewhere

mfcphil Friend

<em>@Marigny 55777 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thank you MfcPhil! It looks very nice on your site, but I have test it for 1.53, and it isn´t that what I need. I want to put the Content Slider Module over the body and perhabs a modulposition over left/right but no banner.

I hope Menalto or Alicia would tell me where I can download Menalto´s files, because Menaltos solution seens exactly that what I want.</blockquote>

You have maybe missed the point here.

We have two new module positions one over the main body and one over the left and right.

The one over the left and right is used for videos on my site see here for useage What I mean is its pretty much up to you what you use the module positions for

Sherlock Friend

Thanks all.
    I will mark this topic is solved

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum