Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Now that Jomsocial has been officially released and is selling in huge numbers, it would be nice if a future template could incorporate a matching theme. I dont think it would take too long as there isn’t a great deal to it.
    JA could capture the market as the developers of Jomsocial are not planning on releasing the source files, which means all jomsocial sites look pretty much the same at the moment.

Just a thought.

roeland Friend

I agree, also for communitybuilder, joomlapolis has just released the free version of communitybuilder 1.2RC4. Maybe it is smart to have a look at that too.

swemmel Friend

jay973;95249Now that Jomsocial has been officially released and is selling in huge numbers, it would be nice if a future template could incorporate a matching theme. I dont think it would take too long as there isn’t a great deal to it.
    JA could capture the market as the developers of Jomsocial are not planning on releasing the source files, which means all jomsocial sites look pretty much the same at the moment.

Just a thought.

I made a theme for JomSocial (1.0.24), matching the JA Uvite template, blue version. You can see it here. If you are interested I can send it to you.

With kind regards,
    Peter

jay973 Friend

<em>@swemmel 95271 wrote:</em><blockquote>I made a theme for JomSocial (1.0.24), matching the JA Uvite template, blue version. You can see it here. If you are interested I can send it to you.

With kind regards,
    Peter</blockquote>

That would be great Peter, it looks good and Uvite is one of my personal favourites, thank you. I’ll PM you my email address.

Cheers,
    Jason.

questbg Friend

Good work Peter. Nice job integrating into Uvite.

Personally I dislike any kind of forum … seems to bring out the worst in people! Thank goodness for Moderators!

😉

swemmel Friend

questbg;95287Good work Peter. Nice job integrating into Uvite.

Personally I dislike any kind of forum … seems to bring out the worst in people! Thank goodness for Moderators!

😉

Hi Chris,

JomSocial is no forum, it is a kind of Social Network component, like Community Builder. It is a commercial component from Azrul. The forum I use is JooBB and the template for that I also did it myself to match the JA-Uvite template (blue).

With kind regards,
    Peter

questbg Friend

Hi Peter

Thanks, now I understand, must spend more time researching this stuff!

A great job on your site, everything seems to integrate seamlessly, very nice work!

Best Regards
    Chris

swemmel Friend

Hi All,

A matching JomSociatheme, JooBB and Easybook template for the JA-Uvite template (blue version) can be downloaded here: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/matching-templates-for-easybook-jomsocial-and-joobb-for-blue-version-of-uvite/

With kind regards,
    Peter

nsprime Friend

Jomsocial Theme from Joomlart.. really hoping for this.

katy39 Friend

Count me in. In the meantime I would love a suggestion for an alternative from Joomlarts current themes, if someone thinks one would work ok.

mfcphil Friend

This request was made a little before last Christmas and looking now at over 3000 reads it is obviously a much sought after template idea…if you keep asking eventually you will Joomlart will listen!!

didima Friend

would be nice anyway 😉

TomC Moderator

I have to admit, it’s amazing to me that JA has not created a social networking template – be it based on community Builder, JomSocial or otherwise.

The thing with JomSocial, though – it’s a commercial component and would have to be purchased separately to use with JA’s template … or, JA would have to charge a bit more (as a special offering) for that particular template.

nsprime Friend

Jomsocial is included in the “Ultimate Top 10 Joomla Extension List”. A survey conducted by Joomla!shack. Hope that Joomlart create a template dedicated for jomsocial users.

UPDATE: Finally – JA Sulfur – May come with social & forum design: JomSocial + Kunena
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/preview-ja-sulfur-come-with-social-forum-design-jomsocial-kunena/
    Thanks Joomlart!

mj1256 Friend

as tom stated, they would not be able to create a quickstart version of any community template using jomsocial as it is a commercial component, and expensive at that.

they would need to just provide the template and the user would need to install it.

and then there is the same issue that comes up with the magento templates

where does responsibility for customer support and the 3rd party components end.

If they were to find a way to do this, they certainly would not be responsible for supporting jomsocial which still has many issues of its own to deal with. It would be a customer service nightmare for JA. The same thing is happening with magento, JA customer are asking support for magento and not magento. JA customers do not know where Joomla, the architecture, the template, and the extensions begin and end, nor do they understand who is responsible for which part.

there are many issues to consider

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  ganzuelo 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum