Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Guys n Gals

Please can you have a look at my site in IE6 (http://site.voiceofbolton.com) and see if you can see the main menu at the top of my modified corona template.

I’m using Joomla! 1.5.2 and the menu appears on FF and IE7 but for some strange reason – it doesn’t appear in IE6?!?!?!?

Can anyone help me out here – this site is going live in just a little over 2 weeks and I’ve still got tons to do!!!

Aaaaarrrrgggghhh!!! >:(>:(>:(>:(

Menalto Friend

Are you able to give a brief list over add ons you have installed, changes you have done in the template? When the problem came+?

anisjolly Friend

Hi Menalto

I’ve figured out which module affects this – it is the flags / translation module. However, the flags and menu both work in FF & IE7 but it doesn’t work in IE6.

This is what is confusing me.

Edit: For some reason now it doesn’t appear in IE7 – 🙁

Menalto Friend

Try to publis hsomething else in that position and see if it shows up? And give us the answer.
    Btw, where is that module from? The translation module?

anisjolly Friend

it’s GTranslate – currently top of joomla top rate extensions).

i’ve just published something else in that position and no the menu doesn’t show up in ie at all.

Therefore I think it might be the module position that’s completely screwing it up. the menu appears again when i unpublish that module position though.

Menalto Friend

Just for fun, try to publis the translation module to left or right positon and see if the menu shows up then.

anisjolly Friend

Yup – menu is back after publishing the translations to the right hand side.

I think I’ll leave th flags there – they look nice don’t you think???

🙂

However when I want to add more flags it might cause me problems.

Menalto Friend

It looks fine there too, but what i was thinking of was if you added a specific witdth and height of the div that holds the flags(ja-topls) i belive it was, that way it should work to have them up there.
    Something like:

#ja-topsl1 {
    postition: absolute;
    top: 5px;
    right: 5px;
    width: 200px;
    height: 30px;
    }

anisjolly Friend

yeah – ii was thinking of that too.

I’ll mess around over the weekend and see what I can sort out.

Thanks again 🙂

Menalto Friend

Let me know how it is going then?

anisjolly Friend

Hi Menalto

just thought i’d give you an update as you’ve asked.

I decided to drop the GTranslate module from my template as other members from this forum have confirmed that the translations are not correct.

That saved me a lot of hassle trying to figure out the code modification – lol 😀

Thanks for your help

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anisjolly 16 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum