Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

What I would love to see is a general tutorial that we can put to use on nearly all JoomlArt templates.
    As the basic design of a template is structured the same, the ability to customise the template to suit customers own needs will surely benefit all your members.

So I would like to see tutorials for the following:

· Change logo
    · Change the background colour of the template
    · Add more suffix colours to modules
    · Add new modules to template and place them where we need on a template, ie: above the main body. How to add an extra banner position…and so on.
    · Add more templates tool colours.
    · How to add basic modules/components/plug-ins.
    · And lastly how to mix and match, something that you love on your old template that you want to take to your new one.

This list is only the basics…but there’s no need why we all can’t learn the basics.

I know some of these have already been done, but if a tutorial is set up on just one template, there is less chance of getting mixed up.

Menalto Friend

I am currently working on a “course” for Joomlart templates.The following topics is covered in it so far:
    -How to change background color
    -How to add extra module for banner
    -How to add a extra module in header section
    -How to install modules
    -How to install components
    -How to install mambots
    -How to install quick start package
    -How to change logo
    -How to create a simpel module suffix
    -How to change menu type
    -How to add color scheme
    -How to add optimize your Joomla site
    + some more.
    Most of theese subjects can be followed on all templates, and if anyone needs something specific for a template then they need to let us know. Then they can use this link:http://tutorials.joomlart.com/contact-us.html
    I am not sure how this course will be released or when, if its gonna be by video or PDF as i need to discuss this with Hung first since there is many changes coming here.

Still thinking of if it should be a “guide” for each template with some of the basic subjects listed or if it should be an “all-in-one”

mfcphil Friend

This is really great news…Where do I sign:p :p :p

Wonderful

mfcphil Friend

<em>@Menalto 37118 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    I am not sure how this course will be released or when, if its gonna be by video or PDF as i need to discuss this with Hung first since there is many changes coming here.
    </blockquote>

Video with audio PLEASE!!!!! 😀

bigrk Friend

I like the sound of this discussion. More power to the tutorials!:D

Michael Casha Friend

We’re working behind the scenes at the moment to upgrade the system, with loads of features for members only.

Of course, we’re upgrading a lot of things at the moment and unfortunately it’s taking us a little longer than expected. Keep an eye out though!

bigrk Friend

My eyes are open and one is dangling as we speak!! :laugh:

Michael Casha Friend

<em>@bigrk 37154 wrote:</em><blockquote>My eyes are open and one is dangling as we speak!! :laugh:</blockquote>
    Ahh but you haven’t found the secret just yet I see 🙂

mfcphil Friend

Do we have any idea when this great idea might get off the ground?

pamelaj Friend

I checked out the link http://tutorials.joomlart.com/index.php this is GREAT! Thanks.

This is extremely helpful. I am new to Joomla but have done web design and some web programming for years so just a little bit helps me do things on my own.

Your template designs are so beautiful and have many useful extensions. I do hope there is more about how to mix and match the extensions. Of course there may be limits.

But thanks a LOT and thanks to the VOLUNTEERS who make this possible (Miccas)
    pamela

mfcphil Friend

Great Find PamelaJ 😀

mfcphil Friend

Any latest news Menalto??

Michael Casha Friend

Guys, just an update regarding http://tutorials.joomlart.com, I am waiting for some kind of lock down to members only before I begin uploading more tutorials.

vetstudentjenn Friend

ok. I need to do one of the things that you say is in the tutorials. I am a member. The link is broken. Can we see the ones that you already did upload? Please, oh, please?

Please? I want to do for myself. I hate to be a bother.

Thanks for the consideration.

Jenn

mfcphil Friend

Read this post studentvet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mfcphil 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum