Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

Is there a way I can configure JA ACM Module to only display Articles with specific TAGs instead of just pulling latest featured articles? Sometimes, editors will want to control what stories show up on the front pages of their websites and this is because not all freshly published articles are frontpage materials.

Secondly, in my case, I have configured ACM (Featured News Style 1) to display featured articles from 2 main categories. I want to increase the number of categories but I’m afraid this will affect the page load time negatively.

I have also configured another ACM module ( Category listing Style 1) to display 6 unfeatured content from these same two categories. The problem here is that, because the (Featured News Style 1) decides which story to make a slide, and which to make a List on the right, I am left with no way of controlling where an article is displayed.

From the current configurations , it seems the only control Editors have is to change the published date and times to enable an article stay in the spotlight or intro items for longer periods.

This I believe can be fixed if there is a setting in ACM configuration for admins to select specific article IDs or TAGs for the 3 sections of Featured News Style 1. So in the configuration, I can say any article that has the TAG slide should be in the _slider, _and those with TAG of intro go to the _intro _section etc.

Is this currently possible? if yes, how and if No can you please consider it in your next update. As I have selected Teline V now, it means I am stuck with it for the next 3 years when we will be looking to change design again.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I am afraid ACM does not work in Tags based. Its only work for the Joomla content articles .
    I will forward your feedback to development team. But i am not sure about this feature to include in same template because its hard to implement new feature on prebuild design and it also depends if there is huge demand for this from users .
    You may check this custom work with help of your developer or if you wish you can get a quote from JA Custom services for this .

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum