Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

After installing the T3 plugin as well as the template, but PRIOR to making any changes to the logo settings…

I can go into ThemeMagic, make changes, save these changes, create and save new themes, and generally do everything that I should be able to do.

However, should I make any changes to the logo settings…

Change it from image to text, upload a new logo image, change again between image and text, or even delete the uploaded image, the load process of ThemeMagic appears to not complete (the orange progress bar freezes at about 90%. In addition, I am unable to save any new changes and intermittently experience access errors when trying to return to the administrative view.

It is important to note that this occurs after a completely clean install, and an initial assignment of Sugite as the default template. Also, it occurs with both plg_system_t3.v2.1.6 and plg_system_t3.v2.2.0 installed.

Please could you assist? I have set the template system to the “initial” state” without making any changes to the logo.

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi there,

I was not able to login onto your backend. Please check out if the credentials you’ve submitted us are valid.

Regards

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Michael,

JA Sugite is not yet compatible with Joomla 3.3, I am afraid to say. Please roll back to J! 3.2.4 and see how it goes.

Just FYA: for up-to-date picture on JoomlArt roadmap to compatibility with Joomla 3.3, please have a look at Arvind Chauhan’s blog at http://www.joomlart.com/blog/news-updates/6-joomla-templates-are-joomla-3-3-ready-and-our-joomla-3-3-roadmap

Regards,

Alex

largue Friend

Hi Alex

Thanks for that, but as per the referenced article….

What have already been compatible with Joomla 3.3?
    JA Sugite – May Responsive Joomla template for Portfolio : It was released 2 weeks back, you catch up with the announcement here.

The Joomla template framework – T3 : Also up to date with Joomla 3.3 as well. In fact, it was shipped a few days after Joomla 3.3 is out. Read the news here.

Regards
    Michael

alexsmirnov Friend

Fair enough. Apology. I’ll have another look around your system.

Regards,

Alex

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Michael,

I’ve just played on your system with switching logo from image to text and then back from text to image, deleting image, uploading image (both via your Media Manager and from within the template itself) and all of these actions performed for me consistently and gracefully, with no signs of erratic behavior whatsoever.

Could it be your operating system and/or your browser settings at play? Did you try accessing your backend from another computer?

You may also want to test how the same actions perform for you on out-of-the-box JA Sugite Quick Start installed in a test sub-folder, like, for example, /test01/.

Regards

Alex

largue Friend

Hi Alex

Can you now go into ThemeMagic and see what happens. I have just gone into it with Win7/Chrome, iPad IOS/Chrome, Apple OSX/Chrome, Win7/Firefox and exactly the same symptom occurs. The orange progress bar does not complete and stops at about 90%, and you cannot save a new theme. Please read my original email! You have not yet tested for the problem. How am I able to change colour schemes or fonts to anything but the default colours and fonts?

Regards
    Michael

largue Friend

Hi Alex

So as to avoid any confusion, Please could you execute the following procedure exactly as described…

1. Change the default template to another template other than JA_Sugite
    2. Uninstall the JA_Sugite template using the Extension Manager.
    3. Reinstall the JA_Sugite template using the Extension Manager.
    4. Go into the JA_Sugite ThemeMagic utility.
    5. Change the font size to 14px and change the main colour to some other colour.
    6. Save the settings as another new theme. Confirm that it does save.
    7. Exit ThemeMagic to the Template Manager.
    8. Change the Logo from Image to Text and save the template.
    9. Go back into the JA_Sugite ThemeMagic utility.
    10. Does the orange progress bar go to 100% or does it stop at about 90%?
    11. Change the font size to 12px, and change the main colour to red.
    12. Save the settings as another new theme.
    13. Does it save and do you land up with a total of two new themes?

I experienced problems on items 10 and 12. Do you?

Regards
    Michael

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Michael,

I’ve managed to replicate your issue on my remote sandbox and am now referring it to our developers to investigate it further for you. Please bear with us.

In the mean time, I would strongly advise you to explore getting rid of your current ThemeMagic issue by installing our latest JA Sugite Quick Start package, which out of the box comes out with Joomla 3.3.0/JA Sugite 1.1.0/T3 2.1.6.

I’ve tested it on my remote sandbox and ThemeMagic worked under it like charm, whatever the changes saved, so imho it would make sense if you install it and start adding your 3-rd party extensions one by one, thoroughly testing your front- and backend UI and system functionality after each install.

By any means, this is not to say that a standalone JA Sugite template should not be considered as an option for building up Joomla 3.3.0 based system but as of today we have what we have and as there are many ways to skin the cat, why, while we are chasing the bug for you, not to consider one of them?

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Alex

largue Friend

Thanks Alex

I will review my options. If you can, please would you let me know of any feedback from the developers?

Regards
    Michael

alexsmirnov Friend

Hi Michael,

would you let me know of any feedback from the developers?
    </blockquote>

No worries, we’ll definitely keep you posted.

Cheers,

Alex

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hello @largue
    We are not able to access your admin panel .
    The provided details are not working .
    Please correct the details or PM me the new Super user details so that we can check it .

largue Friend

Hi Pankasharma

I have moved on with another template, but I am still keen to resolve the issue. Can you give me half an hour and I will create a fresh install on another domain for you to play with. I would suggest that you follow the procedure that I previously gave to Alex.

Regards
    Michael

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Sure you can take your time .
    before installing it , I would like to inform you that you can use Our demo builder to play with Quickstart template .
    you can check this problem on our demo builder .
    Here is the link

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

This topic contains 14 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 10 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum