Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I am running into a conflict with Google Translation Module and the Mega Menu. Every time I enable the module the Main Menu drops down about 150px… When I disable the Module the Main Menu loads in place.

Need to know how I can solve this conflict?

thanks…

Saguaros Moderator

Dear

Pls let me know which extension did you install using for the GOogle Translate, i would like to check this extension on our demo

Thanks

charles99 Friend

It seem your template is deisgned for Mootool 1.1 and most of the new plugins and component are designed for mootools 1.2 or higher. 90% of my plug-ins don’t work with your template. The new Google Translation Module does not work with Joomlart Mega Menu. And for some reason even Jguery conflicts with your framework. When you turn on Joomla new Mootools 1.2.4 plugin all of Joomlart Plugins stops working. Ja-slideshow II, Tabs, highslide, Everything. We have not been able to use any of the templates we downloaded from Joomlart. It either a jquery or mootools issue, which make us wonder why Joomlart is building a new framework thats blocks 80% of the plugins that a person may already have?

Take the Gift Exchange Component, it has an option for Mootool and Jquey but it won’t work on Joomlart Template without you disabling the core features… Becasue of the Mootool 1.1 issue. And when Joomla 1.6 is release what happens then? Because their new Mootools plugin is telling you where they are headed.

Until your company upgrade its framework to work with Mootool 1.2 and above, plus Jquery, people will continue to have problem with your templates. Take the Ja-Tube template which does not have your T3 Framework, all of our components and plug-ins worked, but very few worked on any of the T3 framework… We have downloaded every new Joomlart Template and tried them and one after the other failed to load our plugins… And if it wasn’t the T3 framework it was the Mega Menu that conflicted with a Plug-in.

And when you disable the Menu system thinking that would solve the problem the T3 framework get’s you… You want to test it? Just take any of Joomlart new template based on your own T3 Framework, install all of your Plugins, Slideshow II, Tabs, and I do mean everything you have then simply turn on Joomla new Mootools Plugin that comes with joomla 1.5.20 and not a single Joomlart Plugin will load!

So we are at a lost because we have already spent money on plugins and components that should work on Joomlart templates… But it don’t…

charles99 Friend

We solved our problems… But fully understand that we will have to go through this whole process again once Joomla 1.6 is released. But for now we can all get some sleep…

cansay Friend

<em>@charles99 187398 wrote:</em><blockquote>We solved our problems… But fully understand that we will have to go through this whole process again once Joomla 1.6 is released. But for now we can all get some sleep…</blockquote>

How did you solve it Charles99 ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cansay 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum