Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

After upgrading Joomla to 1.6.2 the contact form broke. I was able to fix the field names but now I get a warning that the following fields are required when I try to send an email: Name, Email, Subject.

Contact form: http://nacertech.com/index.php/contact-us

thangnn1510 Friend
    sirloin Friend

I followed the instructions about adding COM_CONTACT… lines in the en-GB.com_contact.ini file and of course that fixes the field descriptions on the form but I still get the warning about fields are required when I try to send an email: Name, Email, Subject.

thangnn1510 Friend

Dear SirLoin!

Please try this another solution:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=578&t=593677

sirloin Friend

I’m not sure I understand your “other solution”. I simply wanted the standard contact form on the Contact Us page that comes with the JA BUSINESS template to work. It did work until there was an upgrade of Joomla from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2/3. This appears to be an incompatibility bug between the two. I’m not trying to do anything special. Any ideas?

jeffreyd00 Friend

I’m still waiting for the contact form to work with JA business and joomla 1.5. weeks later and an unanswered support ticket I still have a non-working form. What I’m saying Sirloin is ‘join the club’.. oh wait you did or at least I did and paid $400+ and get little support.

purnell78 Friend

I was able to fix that issue but the form is still giving me the following warning:

Warning
    Field required: Name
    Field required: Email
    Field required: Subject

Ninja Lead Moderator

<em>@purnell78 239246 wrote:</em><blockquote>I was able to fix that issue but the form is still giving me the following warning:

Warning
    Field required: Name
    Field required: Email
    Field required: Subject</blockquote>

Have you tried upgrading Ja Business to the latest version?

dagb Friend

<em>@Hung Nguyen 240406 wrote:</em><blockquote>Have you tried upgrading Ja Business to the latest version?</blockquote>
    I’m using JA_Minisite, and have the same problem.
    Was advised to upgrade to 1.7 version of the template, and have done that, but I still have the problem when trying to use the contact-form.
    The form works fine with i.e. the Beez-template, so it seems to be a template-issue.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  dagb 13 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum