Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

We have set up a contact page as a single contact link. We can’t get the name to display.
    There are other glitches in the email form, if we display it in Plain format.

But the main thing is to get the name to display. If I switch for instance to Protostar template, then The name displays properly. So something in the template is messing things up.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I set the display format to Plain and its working now : http://prntscr.com/c52pwm
    I have no access on menu item , since the user account you sent does not have permissions .

birdwaves Friend

Hi Pankaj, The name of the contact is ‘Deerfield Craft Info’. It does not display on the website, nor on your screenshot.

Also, as you see in the screenshot, it is squeezed over to the left. On the fixel demo page it is on the right.

How do I configure the page as it is in the demo, but with the name displayed?

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I have no access to a menu item since the user account you sent does not have permissions .
    Kindly upgrade it to super user , so I can take a look on your settings to make it like the demo .

birdwaves Friend

I’ve made you a super user. Thanks for looking into this.

Just a reminder that I also need the name to show…

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    In the override the code for the contact name is not present , i added it on your site , Kindly check it now .

birdwaves Friend

Hi Pankaj, Great. I see the name appears now. But the contact form is now even worse.

Why does it not appear on the right, as it does in the demo?
    (edit: I had a module in the sidebar, preventing the contact form from occupying the right.)

The contact form also does not scale correctly, as it does in the demo. At some widths, it’s ok, but at others, the form looks bad.

Also, what exactly do you do to make the name appear? In case this happens again…
    (edit: my client now wants to turn the name off again. So now I really need to know how you did it. Sorry!)

Thanks

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    here are my changes :
    Go to
    the code added by me :

<?php if ($this->contact->name && $this->params->get('show_name')) : ?>
            <div class="page-header">
                <h2>
                    <span class="contact-name"><?php echo $this->contact->name; ?></span>
                </h2>
            </div>
        <?php endif;  ?>

The format is different on site because you are using tab format , in demo we used plain style format .
    You can add the misc. info in one of contact using plain format and get same view .To add map you need to add Google map code in the Misc info editor .

birdwaves Friend

Hi Pankaj
    Please tell me which file you edited.
    Also, on other contacts I don’t want the form. I turned off the form on those, and I still get a blue box. That blue box needs to go.

Pankaj Sharma Moderator

Hi
    I can see the contact for on your site > http://prntscr.com/c7jnry
    the edited file is : html/com_contact/default.php
    If you want to hide the blue box permanently open default.php
    find

<div class="contact-col1 span8">

replace it with

<div class="contact-col1 span12">

then find

<div class="contact-col2 span4">

replace it with

<div class="contact-col2 span4" style="display: none;">

It wil be hidden now .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Pankaj Sharma 8 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum