Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

A customer I am doing a site for, for some reason wants a carbon fibre background image behind the text, dont ask why lol,

I have done this for him but the carbon fibre has now gone across the navigation and header aswel. The domain name is:

http://webaheadinternetcms.co.uk/darlington

If anyone can help to change the navigation and banner back but leave the image behind the text that would be great.

swissa Friend

It’s a really good idea to set in ‘template manager’ optimise css to ‘no’ when asking for assistance so that someone can find the relevant css file. (So can you too using Google Chrome developer tools!!)

There are two places you’ll need to add some extra code into the css – but as its compressed I can’t tell you where!

#ja-header .main {

• background-color: transparent;
    • padding: 0;

}

needs to change to

#ja-header .main {

• background: none;
    • padding: 0;

}

and

#ja-mainnav .main {

}
    change to

#ja-mainnav .main {

• background: none;

}

That’s of course if I understood what you are trying to achieve!!

webaheadinternet Friend

cheers, I have changed the optimise CSS to no on the template manager now, I will take a look at the parts you have pointed out and try them out, cheers

swissa Friend

<em>@webaheadinternet 361018 wrote:</em><blockquote>cheers, I have changed the optimise CSS to no on the template manager now, I will take a look at the parts you have pointed out and try them out, cheers</blockquote>

Gerne

If you want to tie it together so that all the text (inc menü) has the fake carbon background ignore the last part of the post and change in /ja_orisite/css/template.css code in line 1035

#ja-mainnav {

• background: none; < change to this

}

webaheadinternet Friend

no, I dont want the menu or header to have it, only the content on the article, also is google developer tools better than firebug for finding exact css scripts?

swissa Friend

<em>@webaheadinternet 361020 wrote:</em><blockquote> is google developer tools better than firebug for finding exact css scripts?</blockquote>

To my mind, YES! But it’s a personal preference I think. 🙂

I like it because it is easy to use and it has a selection of user agents so that you see how the site looks on various devices or with various browsers.

Good luck with the site!

webaheadinternet Friend

cheers for the help, that has worked spot on, its just a shame he wants carbon lol

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  webaheadinternet 11 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum