Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am using JA Purity II as a template for my website based on Joomla 1.5.20.

Sometimes I find this bug in the template, that the TITLE of the article or the Kunena Forums’ main menu, partially hides behind the MegaMenu of the template.

Is there any solution for this problem? Please help.

Thanks and best wishes!
    Niladri

Here is a picture of the problem:

1. edit2
    joledw Friend

I have same problem. Did you find how ti fix it?

joledw Friend

I found a quick fix which is not 100% ok, but it can be used, because it affects all articles, not only those when problem occurs.

In template.css line 74 I changed margin from 0 to 1:

h2.contentheading, .contentheading { margin: 1; padding: 0 0 7px; }

It shifts all article titles down a bit but those with problems are not cut off by mega menu any more.

iguinee Friend

Have checked if the problem occurs with other browsers?

I have had this issue before with IE but it was ok with FF.

joledw Friend

No, it is not browser related. My problem shows in all browsers.

I think it is connected with jcomment extension. i didn’t have problems before installing it, but not 100% sure. Maybe I didn’t notice before.

Khanh Le Moderator

I’ve just checked the problem (both normal page as well as the kunena forums) with Purity II template, but it works fine. Can some give me more information about your site through PM so I could take a look on the real problem.

Thanks,

Khanh Le Moderator

Please try to add following style to fix this problem:

#ja-content {overflow: visible !important;}

@joledw: Thanks for sharing informaiton.

joledw Friend

Hi.

Thank you for your help.

How do I add style? I tried adding your code to the end of the template.css and layout.css. it didn’t help. In the mean time I did advice from zhis thread:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?44632-quot-cut-quot-the-top-menu-kunena

This helped. If this is the right way I will leave it as it is now.

Khanh Le Moderator

<em>@joledw 209783 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi.

Thank you for your help.

How do I add style? I tried adding your code to the end of the template.css and layout.css. it didn’t help. In the mean time I did advice from zhis thread:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/showthread.php?44632-quot-cut-quot-the-top-menu-kunena

This helped. If this is the right way I will leave it as it is now.</blockquote>

This solutions is fine. Or with my solution, just add !important to override the overflow defined in the class .column.

gato_de_botas Friend

solution not working in my ja purity ii, joomla 1.5.22.
    The titles are been cutted off, see the attached image.
    I am using the plugin DISQUS, for comments.

1. cutting_off_title
    gato_de_botas Friend

I made some tests and discover that the problem happen not because any extension, but after inserting ANCHORS inside an article. See the attached images.

In image 1 the article’s title is showing OK, BEFORE using the anchor GO TO BOTTOM.
    In image 2, I clicked in the anchor and went to bottom.
    In image 3, I went back to top, and THEN we can see that the article’s title has moved up, and is cutted off.

Some extensions, like Jcomments and Disqus, use ANCHORS, and that is why the problem of cutting the title is happening with them. The problem is the anchors, that is making the title’s page moving up.

I tried the solutions suggested above, but it is not working.

1. anchor1
    2. anchor3
    3. anchor2
    gato_de_botas Friend

The Solution!

The correct change to file LAYOUT.CSS is:
    change the line 18, from
    .column { overflow: hidden; float: left; }
    to
    .column { overflow: visible !important; float: left; }

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  gato_de_botas 13 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum