Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

Not sure if any one has experienced this in IE7 using Teline II. Heres whats the prob, in IE 7 the content of the pages over flow the footer where its seem the footer is not falling further below the content it is over lapped the footer. How can i fix this since 80% of our targeted users will be using IE. Ive attached two screen shots to show prob. One of Firefox displayed correctly and one in IE7 displayed incorrectly.

Please also note Ive tried it in the following browsers and they display fine with a few minor inconveniences. I’ll post in a different post for clarity of subject.
    (Maxthon 2, Netscape, Google Chrome, Avant Browser, Flock, Opera)

Thanks in advance to any one who can help with this problem.

I also saw a post earlier for another template with the same problem and the solution was in the (ja script) in that template but when i attempted this in Teline II things looked different so i refrained from making the attempt.

1. Firefox3.0-Display_04-Nov.-17-09.54
    2. IE7-Display_03-Nov.-17-09.54
    Anonymous Moderator

hi belk1n,

Could you send me your live URL. If not, could send me your template.css file so that i could

have closer look on the issue.

I think in your template.css file have some errors for IE7.

belk1n Friend

HI

Here is my template.css i zipped it.

Thanks much.

While i am on this, how can i put a new space or new module above the content or right below the Magazine menu? ive included a screen shot to demonstrate.

Also i had to put up with the color #cccccc cause i just couldn’t alter in any way the Login colors where do i go to do this. Thank. The template gave me a lot of troubles for teh past two months but i really am not giving up simply because of all the work that went into it.
    Or should i start a new post?.

Thanks mate. Cheers

1. head-issues-Nov.-18-17.05
    1. template.zip
    Anonymous Moderator

Dear belk1n,

Please open template.css in templatesja_teline_iicss folder, at about line 1277, find following script:
    [PHP]
    .ja-day div {
    padding: 1px 5px;
    background: #666666; /*Color background*/
    color: #FFFFFF;
    }
    [/PHP]
    here you can change color for background.

At about line 882, find following script:
    [PHP]
    #ja-headtools .ja-innerpad {
    float:left;
    padding:5px;
    position:relative;
    }
    [/PHP]

and change to :
    [PHP]
    #ja-headtools .ja-innerpad {
    float:left;
    padding:5px;
    background-color:#CCCCCC; /*You can change color for background here*/
    color:#FF0000; /*Color text*/
    }

#ja-headtools .ja-innerpad a{
    color:#FF0000; /*Color text*/
    }
    [/PHP]

Anonymous Moderator

For this issue

Question Content Over Flow In Teline II In IE7

It is very difficult if you don’t send me your line URL. Please try to provide url so that i could have closer look on the issue.

belk1n Friend

Hi JA Dev

That last solotion pertaining to the login area color worked like a charmed ive also experimented with other colors and found the border as well. I m a happy camper on that. Ill await on the other issues your checking out. However im gonna start a new post of a few of the above issues so some one else can find them.

Thanks again so much for you response it alone give me much boost.

Anonymous Moderator

Dear belk1n,

Question Content Over Flow In Teline II In IE7

Please open template.css file in templates/ja_teline_ii/css folder, at about line 1083, find script:

[PHP]#ja-footerwrap {
    background:#FFFFFF url(../images/footer_repeat.jpg) no-repeat scroll center top;
    padding:0;
    }[/PHP]

and change to

[PHP]#ja-footerwrap {
    background:#FFFFFF url(../images/footer_repeat.jpg) no-repeat scroll center top;
    padding:0;
    }[/PHP]

Hope it helps.

belk1n Friend

Hi JA Dev,

Thanks much i am pretty sure that did the trick in IE 7, controlling the content over flow. I’ll monitor it as i go along.

I have just two last request i missed out last time. I’ve included a snap shot to demonstrate.

1. At the top of my page in the head i’ve tried to expand the menu bar and logo as you would see on CNN.com without affecting the content or the footer. How can i achieve this? so i can have a page stretched menu and logo snugged to the left side of the screen instead of middle.

2. How can i get the effect where the screen goes dark and one item example a photo or video is viewed on the screen. Example like rok box i tried it and it doesn’t work well for me, or i guess i haven’t gotten it to. I think the thing is motools, help me to fine what code to put around image or video to make this work.

Thanks much in advance, i think after this i should be well on my way to using the Teline II. It is an awesome template and although it has its bugs, i appreciate the developers who thought it up. Thanks, it was a major inspiration for the site i’m working on.

1. snapshot01-Nov.-20-13.07
    Anonymous Moderator

Dear belk1n,

did you fix these issues?

belk1n Friend

Hi JA Dev JSM,

IYe si wnet teweaking away in my template.css and found the header and nav codes and did some experimenting wth what little i know. and it seemed to work well.

I wnet into my templates/ja_teline_ii/css/template.css adn altered teh code below. maybe you can help to to make sur ei did everything right.

I still have one issue if you look at cnn.com’s header there is a little padding in the left adn right side of teh header so it has some pixels of space bewteen teh left side of screen adn the logo and nav first menu button. How can i add this padding or space. im a liitle lots at that although i am still experiment for myself.

Thanks in advance.

Anonymous Moderator

Dear belk1n,

In template.css (line 833) file:

h1.logo a {
    background:transparent url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    display:block;
    height:94px;
    left:0;
    position:absolute;
    top:2px;
    width:367px;
    }

you change to:

h1.logo a {
    background:transparent url(../images/logo.png) no-repeat scroll 0 0;
    display:block;
    height:94px;
    left:9px;
    position:absolute;
    top:2px;
    width:367px;
    }

+ In template.css (line 918) file,

#ja-mainnav {
    background:#313131 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-left:1px solid #000000;
    border-right:1px solid #000000;
    border-top:1px solid #000000;
    }

and change to:

#ja-mainnav {
    background:#313131 none repeat scroll 0 0;
    border-left:1px solid #000000;
    border-right:1px solid #000000;
    border-top:1px solid #000000;
    padding:0 9px;
    }

belk1n Friend

Hi JA Dev,

Thanks much. Got it now, i also did the same padding with the login box. That’s solved.

How ever here something i hope you can help with its probably hopefully my last quest to making this template launch able.

On CNN .com as you may have realized is my inspiration layout for this site. Between the header, menu and top of modules i would like to put a space and design rounded corners like on cnn.com. snapped image attached. I tried this from a next post and i haven’t gotten it to work yet and i already asked before but this was given to me as the solution http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/how-to-add-new-module-position-2/.

Please note a am using a background image in case this helps.

Please help me to find where to go to get this done. I’m so tight on time that’s why other wise id experiment on this template till i became a genius at tweaking it.

Thanks much

1. CNN_01-Nov.-23-13.54
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  belk1n 15 years, 10 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum