Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I would like to install some components which should stay hidden when a user is accessing the website via cell phone. Otherwise these components should stay visible.

For example when installing a Kunena forum as separate JA Lens menu item this component should only be usable for non-mobile users. For sure this is not a standard feature but maybe someone has an idea how to accomplish this?

swissa Friend

With T3 it would be a lot easier or should I say familiar in how to do it! πŸ˜‰

I haven’t tried it but if within the css directory, you’ll see different css for each device. Within the layout-mobile.css is some code relating to K2. I think following this would give you an idea about how to code for Kunena. For example you could set visibility to hidden or display to none on the mobile devices to ensure that the elements don’t show. How it would affect the front end I don’t know – I’ve just started playing myself.

Would be good for the forum and other users if you can post up results of what you try. I’ll do the same when I get some time to play properly!!

All the best of luck!

monger quark Friend

Hi swissa,

We are thinking in the same direction. πŸ˜‰

This is what I did: Created a new menu item -> Checked my new menu item in the Joomla Menu Manager to find its item menu ID -> Went to the appropriate JA Lens mobile .css layout file and added:
    #mainnav .menu .item-youritemIDhere {display:none;}

So normally the new created β€œTest” menu item should hide in your chosen layout whereas in all other layouts it should stay visible. You can check this here: http://www.responsinator.com/

greetings

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  monger quark 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum