Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am having an issue with mod_jacontentslide and the images it puts for a preview.

http://www.billyandsallyonline.com/

On my front page the Today’s Highlights module will not crop/resize pictures properly. At the moment my only solution is to add a picture to each article that is already 180 x 90 (noticed the JA Rasite demo took this approach too). Sometimes the module does actually display correctly, but most times it doesn’t.

Any solutions?

John Wesley Brett Moderator

Well…as all of your images appear to be working correctly…it’s difficult to guess what may be happening.
    All I can suggest to you is:

+ check the module’s parameters to make sure the thumbnail image size is what you would like.
    + make sure the original image size is LARGER than what the thumbnail settings are.
    + and for best performance, it’s always best to have an original image that can be proportionally downsized to the thumbnail. ( i.e. if you want a 50 X 100 thumbnail, then try and cut the original to be something like 100 X 200, 125 X 250, 300 x 600 etc.) At 180×90 you’re looking at a 2:1 ratio. So you would want to cut the image to be exactly twice as wide as it is tall.

Have fun! And say hello to Sally for us!
    John.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Wesley Brett 14 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum