Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I have set up the content slider on the homepage but the links on the images only work on those images that load up first. So when the images slide to expose more images, those new images do not link.

Please see attached images taken from your demo site.

Image 1 – All the underlying links work
    Image 2 – The left hand three images don’t link…?

I’m assuming this is a bug… can someone let me know how to fix?

Cheers, Pete

1. Image1
    2. Image2
    Css Magician Friend

<em>@ebyss 120482 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I have set up the content slider on the homepage but the links on the images only work on those images that load up first. So when the images slide to expose more images, those new images do not link.

Please see attached images taken from your demo site.

Image 1 – All the underlying links work
    Image 2 – The left hand three images don’t link…?

I’m assuming this is a bug… can someone let me know how to fix?

Cheers, Pete</blockquote>

Hi ebyss,

Please open file : modulesmod_ja_contentslidemod_ja_contentslideapplication.php
    In line 180, please change
    [PHP]
    if($this->_showimages && $image) {
    echo “<div class=”ja_slideimages clearfix”>”;
    echo $image ;
    echo “</div>”;
    }
    [/PHP]

to
    [PHP]
    if($this->_showimages && $image) {
    echo “<div class=”ja_slideimages clearfix”>”;
    echo ‘<a href=”‘.$link.'” title=””>’.$image.'</a>’;
    echo “</div>”;
    }
    [/PHP]

ebyss Friend

Thanks duchh,

Thats very nearly there… but there still appears to be a problem. It is now creating the link for all the objects rather than just the one that load in view. However, the URL it is creating is not the SEF url so I am getting a 404 on those. The images in view are fine however.

Thanks again for your help… any more help would be very much appreciated!

Kind regards

Pete

Anonymous Moderator

Hi,

Please send me your live url, admin account, ftp account via PM so that i could have closer look on the issue.

ebyss Friend

Hi, Thanks in advance for your help…

Unfortunately it is on local host at the moment but the issue is also present on your own demo site, so hopefully you will be able to see the issue there.

Kind regards

Pete

wwille Friend

Hi ebyss,

go to the backend to the module settings and switch off the feature “use ajax”.
    In my case it works.

Regards,
    Wolfgang

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@wwille 121275 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi ebyss,

go to the backend to the module settings and switch off the feature “use ajax”.
    In my case it works.

Regards,
    Wolfgang</blockquote>

Thanks wwille, yaa turning off the ajax does resolve the problem, in my case i went through all the files searching for clues or answer, but din bother to check the backend setting of the slide module. After turning off ajax the links have appeared for the hidden icons in the slider.

Thanks

ebyss Friend

Thanks guys… Turning ajax OFF does solve the problem! Not sure why… but thanks to all who helped!

Cheers, Pete

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

<em>@ebyss 121626 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks guys… Turning ajax OFF does solve the problem! Not sure why… but thanks to all who helped!

Cheers, Pete</blockquote>

Glad it worked for you too. Sometimes the easiet way to fix things is overlooked, i am so used to hunt the codes, i din bother to explore the backend settings properly.

It happens

regards

chacapamac Friend

It work for me to.
    What do we have the ability to put ajax on in the content slide module (what ajax do in the content slide)?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  chacapamac 15 years, 5 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum