Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

for seo purposes we put <h1></h1> tags in the contentheading default articals so it looks like it’s going 200% and then adding another 180% for h1… any suggestions on how to format this properly so it doesn’t make it so giant?

cjmicro Friend

Do you mean how to change the size of h1? or how to make the content heading a different size?

Cheryl

testbot Friend

well it seems that when <h1> is inside .contentheading it adds the two values so it’s like 300%.

as a temp workaround i added <h1 style=”font-size: 130%”> to the core content>atical> default hack.

i just thought maybe there might be a better way to do that.

scotty Friend

Looking at the demo site of Kulanite it seems that the article titles and not in heading tags at all. This is a major slip by JA if thats the case with the download too.

The heading tags styling is defined in the template.css near the start…

/* Heading */
    h1 {font-size: 180%;}
    h2 {font-size: 150%;}
    h3 {font-size: 125%;}
    h4 {font-size: 100%; text-transform: uppercase;}

scotty Friend

Hmm it seems they are H2 headings although i can’t see it in the source.

template.css (line 317)

h2.contentheading, .contentheading {
    color:#333333;
    font-size:200%;
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    }

testbot Friend

first, thank you for your quick reply. second, sorry for not being more clear. 🙂

finally…

i know it’s not supported by this site or joomla! but we made an edit to:
    components/com_content/views/article/tmpl/default.php

we took:

<td class=”contentheading<?php echo $this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ ); ?>” width=”100%”>
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘link_titles’) && $this->article->readmore_link != ”) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo $this->article->readmore_link; ?>” class=”contentpagetitle<?php echo $this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ ); ?>”>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->article->title); ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->article->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </td>

and changed it to:

<td class=”contentheading<?php echo $this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ ); ?>” width=”100%”>
    <h1 style=”font-size: 135%;”>
    <?php if ($this->params->get(‘link_titles’) && $this->article->readmore_link != ”) : ?>
    <a href=”<?php echo $this->article->readmore_link; ?>” class=”contentpagetitle<?php echo $this->params->get( ‘pageclass_sfx’ ); ?>”>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->article->title); ?></a>
    <?php else : ?>
    <?php echo $this->escape($this->article->title); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    </h1></td>

we do this because the search engines can care less about “contentheading” but love “<h1>” so we like all of our headings to be <h1>.

the problem we have is in template.css we see:

}
    /* Heading */
    h1 {font-size: 180%;}
    h2 {font-size: 150%;}
    h3 {font-size: 125%;}
    h4 {font-size: 100%; text-transform: uppercase;}

font-size:200%; + h1 {font-size: 180%;} = 380%

so now all of the content headings are font-size: 380%.

you can see above that we made our changes directly in the <h1> (<h1 style=”font-size: 135%;”>) but we thought maybe there would be a better way to do it than tha.

any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

scotty Friend

CSS will not add font-size values (200%+180%). It will use which ever one is loaded last.

testbot Friend

<em>@scotty 114225 wrote:</em><blockquote>CSS will not add font-size values (200%+180%). It will use which ever one is loaded last.</blockquote>

i see. that’s weird then. i wonder why it’s so big if we don’t add <h1 style=

hmmm…

thanks again.

scotty Friend

This is where it is being called from (unmodified)…

}

I just tried your PHP hack above and it worked perfect but you will need to add it to Category, Frontpage, and Section pages also.

scotty Friend

Good post on the topic here… http://www.wowjoomla.com/tutorials/2008/09/12/h1-tag-hack-for-joomla.html

It seems you only have to modify 2 files (the same as you did above)

componentscom-contentviewsfrontpagetmpldefault_item.php
    componentscom-contentviewsarticletmpldefault.php

I never new this before. It’s amazing Joomla never changed it to set article titles in header tags.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  scotty 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum