Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Okay…I’m having an issue with the first image on the contentslide component. The image for the first article is getting cropped smaller than all the rest. Even if I make a different article the first one, it always makes it smaller. Searched the forums and couldn’t find any similar issues. It seems that it is cropping the image to the same size as the ones in the main content area. See image attached…and thanks!.

1. project_highlights
    uniquebiz Friend

tcolton;181804Okay…I’m having an issue with the first image on the contentslide component. The image for the first article is getting cropped smaller than all the rest. Even if I make a different article the first one, it always makes it smaller. Searched the forums and couldn’t find any similar issues. It seems that it is cropping the image to the same size as the ones in the main content area. See image attached…and thanks!.

Check your images/resized folder and delete contents in case it’s caching, always use admin/tools clear cache after and changes to the content slide module parameters.
    Most here use the default settings of crop, but you may get results using resize and looking at the other options

Need to know what settings you are using in the contentslide as the resize has three options and effects things differently, also for speed of loading etc its always best if you can make all your images for this area the ‘correct size’ to match each other first rather than have the system resize them.

Also be aware that mixing a portrait oriented image and landscape are always going to look weird esp when resizing, a live url is always preferable to screenies
    Blessings Shannon

tcolton Friend

Attached is an image with the options…my site isn’t live yet, just on an internal server behind the firewall, so nobody can see it yet. The settings are almost 99% from the quickstart install. The funny thing is it worked just fine last night, but this morning it changed. I didn’t adjust anything related to the module, but I did too many things in other spots to know exactly what it might be. Thanks for the quick reply.

Travis

1. contentslide_options
    uniquebiz Friend

tcolton;181815Attached is an image with the options…my site isn’t live yet, just on an internal server behind the firewall, so nobody can see it yet. The settings are almost 99% from the quickstart install. The funny thing is it worked just fine last night, but this morning it changed. I didn’t adjust anything related to the module, but I did too many things in other spots to know exactly what it might be. Thanks for the quick reply.

Travis

Hi Travis
    If it worked fine yesterday and spits today, I’d look at clearing all caches, delete all the images in the resize folder then see how it plays? after that change your method of resizing from the default crop to using resize using ratio
    Hope this helps somewhat

Ok 3 15 am time I got off this thing and slept!
    Blessings Shannon

tcolton Friend

Okay..maybe I’m not understanding it, but if I change the setting in Content – JA Thumbnail to not ‘Apply to Homepage’, it sets the images back to their original size. The problem is if I do that then the images in the featured articles in the main content section aren’t resized. So why is the setting for the Content – JA Thumbnail messing with the ones in Contenslide? So the way I’ve worked around it is to put the {jathumbnail off} tag in the articles that are being used for the Contentslide module. That seemed to work. Thanks Shannon for your help!

gursoy Friend

I’m having exactly same problem. I looked deeper into ja_contentslide module’s php code. Somehow it goes to below function in JAImage.php

function _resizeImage( $imageSource, $src, $dst, $size, $imageCache )

So far, I wasn’t able to figureout what fires JA code to resize “ONLY” the image of the first article for the selected category in ja_contentslide module. My site was working well until I changed some parameter in ja_contentslide module. I tried clearing out cache, purging cache, changing Advanced parameters of ja_contentslide. Nothing works.

Please let me know if you find a solution.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  gursoy 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum