Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

After installing the quick-start Mona package, there seems to be some differences with the demo.
    The shadow captions effects do not appear in front-page contentslider and not in the article images in fp as in content.
    If I remove the ‘Sample Image’ title the whole shadow effect disappears in article image.
    Is this a (known) editor issue as well?

BTW: Both template.css and contentscroll.css code in the demo are slightly different from the css codes in the quickstart package.
    Tried and tested these different CSS variations, with no result. Searched the forum, seems I’m not the only one.. but did not see/found a solution.
    Tried also the suggestions of JA Developer as mentioned in the Mona forum. Tested on both Mac (Safari,FF And Opera) as on Vista (IE’s And FF) with same results.
    Hosted and tested on Linux/Apache (PHP 5.2.11) which carries more Joomlart 1.15 based templates/sites (with no problems).

1. artic
    2. contentslider
    Anonymous Moderator

The shadow captions effects do not appear in front-page contentslider

This module does not support the caption for image.

farquhar Friend

So, how is it done than within the demo?.. There is a shadow effect, unlike the Quickstart

Anonymous Moderator

Hi farquhar

It is the caption of article. We don’t filter this option into our module.

In your administrator, you only add a caption to each article, it will show on the frontpage

farquhar Friend

<em>@JA Developer 160529 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi farquhar

It is the caption of article. We don’t filter this option into our module.

In your administrator, you only add a caption to each article, it will show on the frontpage</blockquote>
    pm-ed u…….

Anonymous Moderator

Hi farquhar

I have checked your website and saw that it is like our demo site. I don’t find any issue in your website

farquhar Friend

Again, there is in my opinion a difference (cynical now!, after a week awaiting a reaction).
    Take a look at difference in the content slider and pic in the articles: No shadow effects!!!
    (and its not just a issue to put a caption to the articles)

Also there is a difference in both CSS from the demo and in the QS!!

Anonymous Moderator

Hi farquhar

Please open templates/ja_mona/css/template.css file, at about line 125, find following code section:

.img_caption p {
    color:#757575;
    display:none;
    margin-top:0;
    padding-top:5px;
    text-align:center;
    }

and change to:

.img_caption p {
    color:#757575;
    margin-top:0;
    padding-top:5px;
    text-align:center;
    }

farquhar Friend

Hi JA developer,

Did that before, wich will create twice the shadow effect. Notice there are more differences within the CSS of the demo and QS!!:
    Updated the media/system/js/caption.js file. Which managed to get rid of the the title within the shadow effects in the blog articles as mentioned before (see pics).
    Meanwhile also got the shadow effect in the content slide items, Only not (yet, I hope..) the effects in the articles of the slider.

Suggest U make a clean QS installation first, to test, you’ll see the trouble.

farquhar Friend

Figured it out:

The caption/alignment was overwritten with a float left. (known editor issue?.. Which didn’t cross my mind..)
    After updating the media/system/js/caption.js file before (to solve the blog caption issue as mentioned before)

Also to get a neat layout, added to template CSS (as in the demo) line 145:

div.article-content img,
    .img-desc img {
    border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
    padding: 4px;

to:

div.article-content img,
    .img-desc img {
    border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
    margin:0 8px 0 0;
    padding: 4px;

BTW: So don’t add caption and align with the (TinyMCE or JC) Editor! The alignment is mixed up with a ‘floated’ instead correct clean align tag.
    To insert images on an article just add “align left” attribute to image tag and also add caption with the image button.

For now it looks the same as the demo!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  farquhar 14 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum