Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I’ve been coming across some pretty cool 3rd party extension and theme developers for Joomla + VirtueMart based sites – and just thought I’d share some from time to time with the JA Community.

One of my current favorites is Powered By VirtueMart – it’s a site where the developer creates VirtueMart product flypages and checkout themes that resemble well known themes from some of the “biggies” (i.e. WalMart, BestBuy, CafeXpress, Home Depot, etc.). IMHO, a very innovative and novel offering that can give
    an otherwise “normal/average” looking VirtheMart theme a really professional look and edge.

By the way, the site owner take suggestions. He’s currently working on one of mine for a NetShops.com flypage/checkout box set theme. He just recently released a “Magento” theme for VirtueMart (i.e. for the VirtueMart flypages and checkout to resemble the Magento product page (WITH TABS) and checkout).

Feel free to share any VM extension / themes you’ve found that you think are cool.

😎

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 123032 wrote:</em><blockquote>I’ve been coming across some pretty cool 3rd party extension and theme developers for Joomla + VirtueMart based sites – and just thought I’d share some from time to time with the JA Community.

One of my current favorites is Powered By VirtueMart – it’s a site where the developer creates VirtueMart product flypages and checkout themes that resemble well known themes from some of the “biggies” (i.e. WalMart, BestBuy, CafeXpress, Home Depot, etc.). IMHO, a very innovative and novel offering that can give
    an otherwise “normal/average” looking VirtheMart theme a really professional look and edge.

By the way, the site owner take suggestions. He’s currently working on one of mine for a NetShops.com flypage/checkout box set theme. He just recently released a “Magento” theme for VirtueMart (i.e. for the VirtueMart flypages and checkout to resemble the Magento product page (WITH TABS) and checkout).

Feel free to share any VM extension / themes you’ve found that you think are cool.

:cool:</blockquote>

I also bought 2 or 3 of those themes last year, but I never got around if the use of “Walmart, CafePress, etc.” themes could be seen as plagiarism, meaning that popular trademarks like those companies may not be welcoming the use of those on live homepages as it can be seen as plagiarism of their online work which is copyrighted.

But as I stopped using VM and also did not plan to use those like they come out of the box, but maybe certain attributes of those, just hope there won’t be any harm to the regular noob user as mostly those get harmed by such cases.

Thanks for the information though, nice VM themes can be of use to people.

davidmalc Friend

I buy all my Virtuemart Themes on http://www.joomla-virtuemart-designs.com for a verry small price. They have really great stuff for virtuemart…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  davidmalc 15 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum