Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

Hung – Great job to the team on this updated release. So far, I do see some of the bug fixes from the last release. I also like the new additions that were added. It’s to soon to say, but I hope to have better success with this release. Thanks!

sfpkent Friend

:confused: Cooper Business Styles already released??

Hung Dinh Friend

Yes. The demo of the Business version is now on http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_cooper_business/
    The download files are ready but we should do some more final testing before releasing to download on the coming Monday 🙂

bennitos Friend

<em>@Hung Dinh 113787 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes. The demo of the Business version is now on http://template15.joomlart.com/ja_cooper_business/
    The download files are ready but we should do some more final testing before releasing to download on the coming Monday :)</blockquote>

This is such a rip-off and cant be compared in any way to a new template. Not much work into this and i wouldnt be suprised these are just styles JA havent been able to finish when cooper came out.

I believe we should still be expecting 2 templates a month till august, if JA cant do this then they should be honest and say so. And not doing it in a tricky way like this.

Just like the comments in the vote about this, the outcome of the actuall voting didnt matter that much as JA had their minds set up before.

Im being a big JA fan but if they keep this up i will surely look somewhere else.

Phill Moderator

It is a bit dissapointing, 5 simple colour styles which were really just colour changes to the first release.

But I do unserstand that this is quite a big template with a lot of effort gone into it and has probably taken a lot more time than expected especially with the recent holiday seasons.

Why do you say 2 templates per month until August? Will this change to only one a month from then?

bennitos Friend

<em>@phill luckhurst 113818 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Why do you say 2 templates per month until August? Will this change to only one a month from then?</blockquote>

Yes after that only one template a month, thats why i believe that they should keep their promise to release 2 new templates a month till august.

See the topic here:
    http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/important-changes-to-the-ja-templates-club/

I think its also a shame that on frontpage for new comming users its still not clear that it will go to 1 template a month. Like the faq still says they will have 2 templates a month, when members who sign up for a 1 year account now simply wont have that.
    All said before but JA doesnt feel like changing the information. Sounds like easy caching to me.

Phill Moderator

<em>@bennitos 113821 wrote:</em><blockquote>

I think its also a shame that on frontpage for new comming users its still not clear that it will go to 1 template a month. Like the faq still says they will have 2 templates a month, when members who sign up for a 1 year account now simply wont have that.
    All said before but JA doesnt feel like changing the information. Sounds like easy caching to me.</blockquote>

I am a new member and it wasn’t clear. I wanted one particular template so for me it was worth it (especially as someone else paid for it via some web support I provided to them). But I agree that it should be made clear when you sign up and also the advertising on the front page should and needs to be changed.

Hung Dinh Friend

bennitos;113816This is such a rip-off and cant be compared in any way to a new template. Not much work into this and i wouldnt be suprised these are just styles JA havent been able to finish when cooper came out.

I believe we should still be expecting 2 templates a month till august, if JA cant do this then they should be honest and say so. And not doing it in a tricky way like this.

Just like the comments in the vote about this, the outcome of the actuall voting didnt matter that much as JA had their minds set up before.

Im being a big JA fan but if they keep this up i will surely look somewhere else.

I think the main reason is you are not interested in the business styles and now when it come out, you prefer something new. The business concept is published before voting and I clearly stated that we do have new styles in mind before opening the vote. It would have been very risky if we had not any extra design and committed that we have some extra style for you?

Hung Dinh Friend

phill luckhurst;113818It is a bit dissapointing, 5 simple colour styles which were really just colour changes to the first release.

But I do unserstand that this is quite a big template with a lot of effort gone into it and has probably taken a lot more time than expected especially with the recent holiday seasons.

Why do you say 2 templates per month until August? Will this change to only one a month from then?

Hi Phill
    When something is nearly to the perfect, you won’t want to try to change it. If there was any better design we should have made a new template.

I will wait for more post & comments from other users. If everyone are not happy with the business style. I will work with the team and we commit to work overtime this month so that we can make you happy. Although everybody will tend to ask more and force a release of new template as a replacement, the team will be get ready for the totally new work

However, if you have a look back with our recent efforts to improve template quality, providing totally exclusively extra styles (instead of only changing the color in 2006,2007, 2008 templates), all of such our efforts are just a “rip-off ” ??? :((

ShannonN Friend

Hung Dinh;113843Hi Phill
    When something is nearly to the perfect, you won’t want to try to change it. If there was any better design we should have made a new template.

I will wait for more post & comments from other users. If everyone are not happy with the business style. I will work with the team and we commit to work overtime this month so that we can make you happy. Although everybody will tend to ask more and force a release of new template as a replacement, the team will be get ready for the totally new work

However, if you have a look back with our recent efforts to improve template quality, providing totally exclusively extra styles (instead of only changing the color in 2006,2007, 2008 templates), all of such our efforts are just a “rip-off ” ??? :((

Hi Hung
    I still have trouble convincing myself that simple colour changes to an existing template ( no matter how nice or cool or big) the template is qualifies as something dramatically ‘new’

as I mentioned previously, the business/included ” themes, styles” or whatever JA wishes to call them, are just a few colour and title changes , not anything new, if you wish to appease all (mission impossible) I’d be more willing to accept things that are fully changed regarding colours IF the background image and bkgd colours can be changed also, that’s what I call a theme, all others are light version styles.

Just my opinion
    ShannonN

wooohanetworks Friend

Look at this, this is some idea I worked on for 3 hours somehow the last week one day. (ideas come while playing around with it) It is still a ALPHA STATUS DESIGN, meaning some parts I haven’t yet taken care of, the new patterns still need to worked over, the header with logo bg also still needs some tuning and so on and so on, so the main work would still be ahead. I also played around with making the wood look more like red cherry or something, (when you have a laptop or monitor like such, simply move the monitor a bit to the front, than you even see where I got the idea from to make it more red cherry wood look, as my laptop screen changes the colors naturally when moving the eye sight) but I do not have the time right now to make it to a final version.

But the approach of this one, maybe it clears out if you mean something like this as totally new or different or not. Say!

Phill Moderator

<em>@Hung Dinh 113843 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi Phill
    Although everybody will tend to ask more and force a release of new template as a replacement, the team will be get ready for the totally new work

However, if you have a look back with our recent efforts to improve template quality, providing totally exclusively extra styles (instead of only changing the color in 2006,2007, 2008 templates), all of such our efforts are just a “rip-off ” ??? :((</blockquote>

I think you should just concentrate on next months release and carry on as you were.

Not, I do not think this is a rip-off at all, just mildly dissapointing that a new template was not done this month as I said in my post. But there were things in the cooper style that needed fixing and the business designs are nice and clean. I will probably even use one in the future.

wooohanetworks Friend

They may release 3 templates next month, so all can be fine…

scotty Friend

I think the new colours look excellent…

BUT I totally agree with Shannons analysis. These are not 5 styles. It is one style with 5 colour variants. They could have easily been released with the original release. Once the header BG image was produced in Photoshop it’s just a matter of moving a Hue slider to change the colour. You could make 50 different colour variations in an hour.

In my opion JA are the best template club (just compare Cooper to the new RT Template) and I agree with JA moving to one template a month because I believe it will lead to even better templates. But I do not agree with using up a template release by releasing new styles/themes/colours of a previous release.

By all means release extra variants – but please not by sacrificing a new template.

I sincerely hope this never happens when you move to one a month.

wooohanetworks Friend

<em>@scotty 113876 wrote:</em><blockquote>I think the new colours look excellent…</blockquote>

There I rather agree to bennitos statement, the yellow looks dirty, the green is mint, the blue is strange and the red comes cheap. I would not release those as paid addons, it lowers the niveau of the template in general and I know that bennitos refers to rip-off that such styles are a rip-off and not the others things at JA. They look…awkward.

But, there will be people who like it, as taste is different.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

This topic contains 41 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  imsleepy 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum