Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I have a few clients that are either florists, make greetings cards, or make wedding cakes, as a result I could do with some templates that are a bit more girly, that would suit these types of websites. Out of all your templates there isn’t one that has a pink colour option or something similar. there’s plenty of corporate business style templates, or blogging templates, now I just needs some arts and crafts templates!

cheers

mfcphil Friend

adding a few girly pink images to any templates would make it GIRLY….

matjkd Friend

it also needs to look good, like the girly images are supposed to be part of the template. Ja Sargas is probably the closest thing to what I’m talking about. its not pink though.

tonyg Friend

Hi Matjkd

I may be wrong but you sound like you are looking for a template that fits perfectly for those specific needs, it will of course be great if there is such a template. I will suggest to try and look at the templates in a different way, which is potentially the changes you can make. With a little bit of vision and lateral thinking you can transform a template to fit your exact needs. It all depends on how much work you are prepared to put into it.

Good luck with pleasing the ladies.

jwellman Friend

We started out catering to women as well. Most of our clients have turned out to be men so we had to change our slogan. (Making the internet beautiful for women) 😀 I understand where you are coming from though. One of our clients sells bulldogs and wants one page to be pink (for the girl dogs) and one page to be blue (for the males). We’ve done as she asked and she seems happy. Designing for women versus men is like a night and day difference. I would much rather design for the women but money is money. 😉

Fortunately we’ve been able to change most of the business-like, men oriented Joomla templates to accommodate the women as well. What worries me is making so many modifications and then having to re-do everything after the next Joomla upgrade. 😮

tonyg Friend

Hi Jwellman

Joomla upgrades shouldn’t affect template modifications, but I seriously think is about time Joomla introduce a much better way of keeping things up to date. Hopefully with the ability to revert back to previous state.

jwellman Friend

Oh that’s good to know…Thanks! I have a PHPBB forum and every time I upgrade I have to redo all the modifications. >:(

matjkd Friend

I do generally modify the templates, so it doesn’t have to be exactly specific, generally I look for a template that fits the style and colour i want, and I fit the business to the template, I’ll just change the background, logo and header graphics maybe. The problem with an overall colour change it means changing every little graphic in that template, like all the corners and edges, and that takes ages.

Basically what I’m saying is on the whole I have more difficulty finding a suitable template for the wedding themed sites (such as florists, greeting cards, cake designers etc), and weddings is big business and the more clients i get in that field the more referals I get too..

yes I could modifiy the templates myself, and that is what I’m doing at the moment, but I’m paying 500 dollars a year to joomlart so I don’t have to spend so much time creating templates. I’m not saying they should do it just for me but if there’s a demand it might be worth thinking about..

jwellman Friend

<em>@matjkd 80675 wrote:</em><blockquote>IBut I’m paying 500 dollars a year to joomlart so I don’t have to spend so much time creating templates. I’m not saying they should do it just for me but if there’s a demand it might be worth thinking about..</blockquote>
    I agree! The less we have to do the better!

noack Friend

I say you do editing for your sites so that they don’t look identical to any other sites out there.

I actually change templates up to the extreme to make it look not so much like a template..pretty much use them as a “base model”.

Believe it or not, some of your clients may have visited these sites in search of a DIY type of deal. After trying to install joomla, most have probably quit before totally failing.

SMART business owners do their research… many can tell when you’re cookie cutting their site. So change it up a bit, add some things, even take out some things…. PERSONALIZE it.

Not only will you NOT get “caught taking the easy route” but you can also give added options to your clients to make them feel more “special”

good luck!

wooohanetworks Friend

Do you mean something like that:
    http://www.missbimbo.com/

wooohanetworks Friend

This is a very simple Flower Background that comes with a fractal effect. This one was made from a Desktop Background, yet it shows no copyright and was marked “free”.

I think creating a background like that for a Florist site may be one step closer to a Flower Template, so you also can use that one, but I state again, I do not know if the picture is really unprotected and not copyrighted by the creator and this should more be an idea about how to make a nice florist template with a stunning but simple background:

You just have to arrange the pic the right way, 4 pics make a fractal, you surely know.

jimmer Friend

<em>@matjkd 80643 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have a few clients that are either florists, make greetings cards, or make wedding cakes, as a result I could do with some templates that are a bit more girly, that would suit these types of websites. Out of all your templates there isn’t one that has a pink colour option or something similar. there’s plenty of corporate business style templates, or blogging templates, now I just needs some arts and crafts templates!

cheers</blockquote>

When you said Girly, I was thinking more of the flesh colour…:-[

🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jimmer 15 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum