Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

I just installed JA Lead template via installer.
    And as I configure the template, i noticed in the parameters options, it saids that:
    The parameter file /templates/ja_lead/params.ini is unwritable!
    So tried to change its file permission into “777” using Filezilla, but the response was:
    “550 Could not change perms on params.ini: Operation not permitted”
    Any suggestion? Please help.

bennitos Friend

Try installing joomlaxplorer and set the permissions trough that.

http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/file-management/102/details

If you do it like that it usually works. Let me know if that works out 🙂

ferdzzz Friend

It works! Thank you very much.

narberthweb Friend

I had the same problem with the template.css file in teline iii… many thanks to bennitos for the advice!! Worked perfectly.

kazu Friend

i tried installing joomlaexplorer, but i was told that the extension is too old and that i would need to turn on legacy.

cjrriley Friend

Hello there,

I too have had this problem:

The parameter file /templates/ja_seleni/params.ini is unwritable!

I’ve done a number of installs before on this template and never had a problem, although my permission are correct i keep getting this message. I installed the joomlaxplorer plugin, but it is still the same.

Please someone help, i’ve not slept in three days, and it seems beyond my knowledge.

Thanks.

aman204 Friend

<em>@cjrriley 220580 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hello there,

I too have had this problem:

The parameter file /templates/ja_seleni/params.ini is unwritable!

I’ve done a number of installs before on this template and never had a problem, although my permission are correct i keep getting this message. I installed the joomlaxplorer plugin, but it is still the same.

Please someone help, i’ve not slept in three days, and it seems beyond my knowledge.

Thanks.</blockquote>

You can simply, ignore this message if changes are reflecting for you as this has been relative old joomla bug 🙂 The changes and executions can be done if you have set permissions right

cjrriley Friend

I changed the permissions to 777 to see if that helps but it doesn’t. When i originally installed the site i never input the ftp information in. I’ve changed permissions through my hosting account site, my ftp software (CuteFTP) and i tried using joomlaxplorer. When i change the permissions, they now stay at that setting.

I’ve done a fresh install thinking that would help and it doesn’t. But now it says the file is writable. Now what is happening though is if i change the fonts, menus and colours through the template manager, the default colour scheme doesn’t change, but everything else does.

I’m new to all this, but if it was a permissions problem it shouldn’t change anything, but some of the changes take effect, not them all?

This i don’t understand. >:(

If you visit http://www.barownersdirect.com and change the ‘Color’ of the site, then navigate around, you’ll see the colour scheme reverts back to olive green, when in the params.ini file it clearly shows, it set to orange.

I appreciate any suggestions.

steinar Friend

<em>@cjrriley 221027 wrote:</em><blockquote>If you visit http://www.barownersdirect.com and change the ‘Color’ of the site, then navigate around, you’ll see the colour scheme reverts back to olive green, when in the params.ini file it clearly shows, it set to orange.</blockquote>

If that is your experience, it is most likely due to your browser’s cache. On my visit, the colours changed exactly as expected.

cjrriley Friend

Sorry, but that’s not solved the problem.

I’ve cleared the cache many times and am still having this same problem. I’ve installed a different browser now (Firefox) to see if that helps, but it doesn’t. I still get the same outcome, the deafult colour listed in the template manger is not whats on the screen.

Is it possible just to delete certain colours, or set the default colour in a file somewhere, other than the params.ini?

steinar Friend

Hi cjrriley,
    I may have misunderstood… I selected a colour on your site, and it stayed till I selected another one. But the default wasn’t orange; it was a dark colour.

If I as a user want a particular colour, say orange, I can select that colour in your menu and it will automatically show every time I visit your site. As a user I have no influence on which colour I get if I select default. You can of course delete any unwanted colours or disable the colours menu completely if you don’t want users to have this choice.

You are posting in the JA Lead forum, but I understand you are using the JA Seline template, which unlike Lead is based on the T3 framework. This should mean that you as the developer or admin set which colour is default in the back end (Template manager). Or delete unwanted colours there or from the menu. But I am not versed in the differences between T3 (2009) and T3 (2010) so I’d better not offer any how-to advice. 🙂

(At least in the newer version I think it would be Template manager >> Profiles tab Theme settings dropdown >> Check orange, then Apply in the dropdown >> And finally Apply at the top of the page).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  steinar 13 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum