Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have just upgraded my Joomla installation to 2.5.1 and the template to 2.5.0 (JA Rasite) along with all the components, modules and plugins presented to me via ja_extensionsmanager.

I have set all the USER TOOLS to HIDE…still the CPANEL is present. I have tried setting the “Enable Development Mode” to both “yes” and “no”. I’ve cleared the cache (“JAT3 Clean Cache”) multiple times. Still the CPANEL is displayed.

What am I doing wrong?

tfosnom Friend

While I know you have cleared all caches etc it does sound like a cache issue. I ahve had the same problem before with Ja templates and generally I just use the clean site preferences in what ever browser I use forcing the browser itself to clean all caches not the site

I use FF more than anything so the instructions are go to tools/clear recent history select everything and then tick or untick things from the list, I find “cookies & cache” sufficient to do the trick. In Internet Exploiter 9 🙂 It’s tools / delete browsing history again a popup list to tick etc.

Cheers Shane

NealeShour Friend

<em>@tfosnom 302121 wrote:</em><blockquote>While I know you have cleared all caches etc it does sound like a cache issue. I ahve had the same problem before with Ja templates and generally I just use the clean site preferences in what ever browser I use forcing the browser itself to clean all caches not the site

I use FF more than anything so the instructions are go to tools/clear recent history select everything and then tick or untick things from the list, I find “cookies & cache” sufficient to do the trick. In Internet Exploiter 9 🙂 It’s tools / delete browsing history again a popup list to tick etc.

Cheers Shane</blockquote>

Shane,
    Thanks for the reply. I have cleared the cache (Chrome, and IE) to no avail. I then opened an RDP to workstation that has never loaded the site before and there is the CPANEL.

Next I went back into the template setting and items that I KNOW were set to “hide”, were now set back to “show”! Weird… not only those, but the T3 logo was set to “no show” and it was back “dark logo”. I set it (again) to “no show” and set all the USER MENU to “hide” and saved… SUCCESS!

Not sure really want fixed it, but I’m going to run away while I can.

Thanks again for the response!

tfosnom Friend

Wow! that’s certainly something wierd, but glad it’s fixed however it happened.
    Maybe JA should start a “That’s weird” thread for items like this? 😀

Shane

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 12 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum