Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I would like to create a new module position in JA Rasite. At the top I want to add some icons for links. I checked out some of the other answers for this, but didn’t see what seemed to be the answer.

Saguaros Moderator

<em>@csrountree 197634 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to create a new module position in JA Rasite. At the top I want to add some icons for links. I checked out some of the other answers for this, but didn’t see what seemed to be the answer.</blockquote>

Ok, can you pls provide me the snapshot with rough sketch of your desired position, i ‘ll make this for you

csrountree Friend

Ok,
    The image is attached. 😎

1. links_template
    Saguaros Moderator

now, you open the file: templatesja_rasitelayoutsblocksheader.php and find the following code:

[PHP]
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu ($this->getParam(‘startlevel’,0), $this->getParam(‘endlevel’,-1)); ?>
    [/PHP]
    replace:
    [PHP]
    <div class=”ja-topleft”>
    <jdoc:include type=”modules” name=”topleft” style=”JAxhtml” />
    </div>
    <?php if (($jamenu = $this->loadMenu())) $jamenu->genMenu ($this->getParam(‘startlevel’,0), $this->getParam(‘endlevel’,-1)); ?>
    [/PHP]

and add the following code into the template.css file

.ja-topleft{
    position:absolute;
    right:0;
    top:12px;
    height:50px;
    width:200px;
    background:red;
    }

when done, the template has a new position named “topleft”

csrountree Friend

I followed your steps, but I believe you are leaving a bit out. I did not find the first bit of code in the Header.php. It was in the MainNav.php. After placing it up and about an hour of tinkering with the Header/MainNav/and a few others, I am going to turn it back over to you. Also, It did not show up on the Admin Site to select from the Modules Page. Help Please. :-[:confused:

Thanks,
    -Chris-

csrountree Friend

Also, I was able to use ?tp=1 to see the position on my website. I moved the position to where I want it, but even with z-index of 99 the top menu bar is ontop of the new module.

http://www.pure-xt.com/?tp=1

Saguaros Moderator

you open the file: templates/ja_rasite/css/template.css and find the following code:

#ja-mainnav {
    background: url(../images/mainnav-bg.gif) repeat-x left top;
    font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Tahoma, sans-serif;
    height: 46px;
    line-height: 1;
    padding-top: 10px;
    position: absolute;
    top: 0;
    z-index: 900;
    }

replace:

#ja-mainnav {
    z-index:10;
    }

csrountree Friend

Ok, still having trouble getting the z-index to work. Tried a few things, but not working out.
    Last thing is I need it to show up in the Module Positions (admin) when editing and enabling a module.

Saguaros Moderator

ok, you try to remove the z-index:10;
    in this block

#ja-mainnav {
    z-index:10;
    }

if the issue is not fixed ,pls let me know admnistrator account, i will check and resolve this

csrountree Friend

ok, I removed the z-index and it seems to be working! Yay!!!

Last item up for bid, where to place module: topleft in the admin modules for selection. I can just type it in, but wanted to add it to the list.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  csrountree 14 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum