Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Have just put up the CSI site (http://www.csibrazil.com/). The template and the spotlight modules in itself got some hackings to make spotlights work multilingual. The site is still missing a lot of content but the layout is pretty much done.

We desided to not use the newsflash. It looked a little bit messy with the layout we have choosen so to clean it up a bit we excluded that one.

I also have included an option for sIFR font transforming but it still got a few problems/buggs that needs to be solved before it looks as I want it to and until then it will be turned off.

Feedback would be nice 🙂

CSI Brazil

TomC Moderator

For the most part, it looks nice. As for soem constructive criticism, I think you’re site logo gets lost within the green of the top navigation bar – specially with one of the logo letter being green itself.

Don’t get me wrong, the green color theme works well given the tropical environment that is the Brazillian Resort – it’s just that your logo (as it is right nwo) is compeltely lost within that color scheme.

In looking at the front page, I think your logo would stand out a whole lot more if you had it against the main header image. (To be honest, I think you should think about a new logo altogether … the overlap/transparent letters, in my opinion, doesn’t really stand out and isn’t very memorable (for branding purposes)).

Please don’t take my comments as negatives – but, rather, as constructive criticisms for improvement considerations.

🙂

TOM

csib Friend

Thanks for the critics 🙂

Unfortuneatly I am just remaking the template for CSI who needed a website and who bought the template but don’t either have the time or knowledge to remake it to get a more tropical feeling. The logo is out of my control I wanted to change it but they had all the folders, businesscards etc printed and didn’t want to change the logo 🙁

I agree that the logo gets a little bit (actually a lot) lost towards the green color but they had the wishes to have the colors on the site and navbars similair to them in the logo with the result that one letter will always be a little bit harder to see.

I have tried to put a lighter background under the logopart but that didn’t look so good either. The problem is that the area to work with where the logo are placed now is pretty small. I have tried with a bigger logo that hangs down and have only a part over the green navbar and the rest over the pictures but problem occurd with 800X600 resolution where the navbar gets somewhat higher (don’t know why this is) but it break up the logo in a very uggly way so I had to drop that idea.

Any suggestions on how to spice up the logo and the area around it would be appreaciated. I want to do something there to make it look better.

Also… I haven’t had time to sort out everything with the site yet. I am working from one computer but when I tooked a look at the site from another today it looked very strange in Internet Explorer. I need to fix some minor graphic problems with the top navbar, which will be done fast.

What was more supprinsing was a total breakup of the layout when choosing narrow view mode from the site tools and then looking at the property listings.

Got some more work to do there… Although. In Firefox it all looks pretty good so I need to figure out what’s differing between Explorer and Firefox and how to solve it in the CSS.

TomC Moderator

<em>@csib 24792 wrote:</em><blockquote>
    Got some more work to do there… Although. In Firefox it all looks pretty good so I need to figure out what’s differing between Explorer and Firefox and how to solve it in the CSS.</blockquote>

The bottom line . . . IE6 sucks-ass when it comes to CSS.

It’s been nothing but a compelte headache – almost to the point where I just don’t care anymore.
    Hopefully, Microsoft will stop supporting IE6 soon and people will be “foreced” to upgrade to 7 – which handles CSS much better.

csib Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 24813 wrote:</em><blockquote>The bottom line . . . IE6 sucks-ass when it comes to CSS.

It’s been nothing but a compelte headache – almost to the point where I just don’t care anymore.
    Hopefully, Microsoft will stop supporting IE6 soon and people will be “foreced” to upgrade to 7 – which handles CSS much better.</blockquote>

IE6 is a little bit problematic and I think that many will keep using IE6 for a loong time.
    I also had some problems with Firefox 3.0a6 which acted a little bit strange when it comes to the CSS. I hope it’s just cause it is an alfa version and that the final release will work better.

My site is now all dome when it comes to layout. Please take a look and give me some feedback.
    Some content is still missing but will be written and put online soon. 🙂

MuffinDCC Friend

Looking sweet dude 🙂

Just a few personal “stuff”. Maybe add some padding to the splotlight text so its not as “flush” and the search looks “out of place”.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  MuffinDCC 17 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum