Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

JA Biz Template:
    I must be missing something, but I have made changes to template.css and megamenu.css and none of the changes are going into effect. I have changed the main CSS as well as the CSS under /themes/red/ and the changes do not show up.

Am I missing something? I have never seen this problem before, and have many years experience with changing CSS files for JA templates

TomC Moderator

Why not try using the “custom.css” option ?? –> http://t3-framework.org/documentation/customization.html#custom-css

citrixxps Friend

I wasn’t looking to do any major custom CSS, so I really do not want to use the custom.css file. I just need to make a couple very simple or basic changes to accommodate some content. I’d like to do this without having to use custom.css – I also do not believe I would have any need to “re-compile” the LESS to CSS ever again anyway, so a few front end changes in the CSS should be all I need to do. Does the JA Biz template use the CSS files or is it using LESS over the CSS and that’s why my changes in CSS do nothing?

Thanks.

TomC Moderator

“major custom css” is not a prerequisite for using custom.css. In fact, I would say that using a custom.css file makes the modifications you DO make much much easier – to find and re-modify when/if needed. It’s a “one-stop-shop” per se … as opposed to having to try to find the right CSS file/rule again, and again, and again. 😉

ALSO, using a custom.css file protects your customizations/modifications from future updates – as there are not any ‘custom.css’ files within any updates – therefore, nothing gets overwritten. The same cannot always be said for core CSS template files.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 10 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum