Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I was wondering where I could change the CSS for some of the elements.

For JA Cagox is seems to be in the custom.css file located at:

templatesja_cagoxcssthemescustom.css

Just wanted to confirm that that’s the right way of doing that.

TomC Moderator

It really depends on the element(s) you want to modify.

Custom.css works best with the core template CSS. Otherwise, if you are looking to modify the CSS for certain modules/components, you may need to modify those particular CSS files accordingly.

It would be helpful if you could provide the url of the site you’re working on, and then point out the elements you’re looking to modify.

dataweby Friend

In this case, I was just interested in overriding some of the basic CSS classes that are across the entire theme (website would be more exact), mostly Bootstrap components like the “row” or “btn” with minor modifications.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I try avoiding changing specific elements in the original CSS files (e.g. templatesja_cagoxcssbootstrap.css or the CSS inside a module) because I don’t want to mess something up keep track of too many changes across the files in case of revisions. I just try to “play it safe” on the expense of creating some extra overrides, and counting on the order in which custom.css is loaded.

TomC Moderator

Perhaps the information here may be of help to you —-> http://www.t3-framework.org/documentation/bs3-customization#custom-css

dataweby Friend

Helped a lot! Had some weird issues with the CSS until I went over the reference provided.
    If anyone is interested, what solved it for me was to add the custom.css file in folder: templatesja_cagoxcsscustom.css

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  dataweby 9 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum