Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Not sure why, but for some reason my custom.css is not loaded into the head section any more. If I check my site using firebug all my changes do not appear. Everything appeared to be working a few days ago. Any hints?

TomC Moderator

What kind of changes are you trying to make?

What is the file path of the custom.css file you created?

TomC Moderator

What kind of changes are you trying to make?

What is the file path of the custom.css file you created?

baud Friend

I changed several things like the colours in the footer or in the main menu. The custom.css is in /templates/uber/css/custom.css

baud Friend

I changed several things like the colours in the footer or in the main menu. The custom.css is in /templates/uber/css/custom.css

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485818 wrote:</em><blockquote>I changed several things like the colours in the footer or in the main menu. The custom.css is in /templates/uber/css/custom.css</blockquote>

I think I see the problem . . . . You’re using a particular THEME (i.e. hebel), which it looks like you created, yes?

custom.css generally only works with core template files – not usually with particular theme CSS.

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485818 wrote:</em><blockquote>I changed several things like the colours in the footer or in the main menu. The custom.css is in /templates/uber/css/custom.css</blockquote>

I think I see the problem . . . . You’re using a particular THEME (i.e. hebel), which it looks like you created, yes?

custom.css generally only works with core template files – not usually with particular theme CSS.

baud Friend

But that particular style is not assigned to any of the menus. So should I just get rid of it and delete it?

baud Friend

But that particular style is not assigned to any of the menus. So should I just get rid of it and delete it?

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485822 wrote:</em><blockquote>But that particular style is not assigned to any of the menus. So should I just get rid of it and delete it?</blockquote>

I inspected your main navigation menu – as an example – and noted that the CSS currently powering (at least) that element … which means that it’s more likely than not the same theme path is powering other elements – is as follows —> /templates/uber/local/css/themes/hebel/template.css

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485822 wrote:</em><blockquote>But that particular style is not assigned to any of the menus. So should I just get rid of it and delete it?</blockquote>

I inspected your main navigation menu – as an example – and noted that the CSS currently powering (at least) that element … which means that it’s more likely than not the same theme path is powering other elements – is as follows —> /templates/uber/local/css/themes/hebel/template.css

baud Friend

I deleted the unused style and the custom.css reappeared. Thanks!

baud Friend

I deleted the unused style and the custom.css reappeared. Thanks!

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485824 wrote:</em><blockquote>I deleted the unused style and the custom.css reappeared. Thanks!</blockquote>

Glad I could be of assistance . . . All the best with your continuing site development !!! 🙂

TomC Moderator

<em>@baud 485824 wrote:</em><blockquote>I deleted the unused style and the custom.css reappeared. Thanks!</blockquote>

Glad I could be of assistance . . . All the best with your continuing site development !!! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum