Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Hi,

Where do I customise my job types such as “Fulltime”, “Parttime”, etc.?

Regards

Blaine Friend

Jobs table displays jobs on front-end user pages, you can easily customize this table by using customize job/ profile/ resume/ application table. You can filter jobs by job title, work locations, job category, jobs status, post type. You can add other filter by customize Job form, set field is on filter property of the field that you want to be filterable to yes.
    See if the WIKI helps you.

environc Friend

Hi Blaine,

Thanks. What I mean is where do I change the wording of those entries, for example if I want to add another entry for job type called “On Call” or “Seasonal” etc.?

Regards

Blaine Friend

Can you not do it by editing the field itself?

environc Friend

that’s what I mean. Where can I do it?

Blaine Friend

I thought it was pretty clear in the WIKI I linked you to, but here is the exact section you need I hope.

environc Friend

Hi,

I think there’s some misunderstanding. What I want is not to edit the field properties; I want to edit field values. Currently, we have the following values:

Contractor/Consultant
    Internship
    Other
    Full-time
    Part-time

I want to delete/change some of these so I can populate this field with my own values, in the same way you add your own locations and categories. I can’t see a place for this either in the Form Customizations or Field List Customization.
    Regards

Blaine Friend

No misunderstanding.
    I have linked you to the WIKI and it contains all the info you have requested.
    I picked one section thinking maybe you wanted to make custom Job Title changes. Would you also like me to link you to the exact paragraph regarding the Fields?
    If so I would be happy to do that if you are having a hard time locating that in the WIKI.

environc Friend

It would be really great if you could show me the exact paragraph where this info is located as the section you linked did not deal with this issue at all. You know, some of us just can’t read and write that well.

Blaine Friend

My mistake. I am so used to searching lengthy documents using the CNTRL + F keys, then entering the search term, I forgot not all know this.
    The link you should start at is here.

environc Friend

Thanks for the info. In the “Form Customizations” table, Job Type is of the “Integer” Field Type. I was expecting it to be “Single Select” or something of the sort. Anyway, It says in there that

“If you change field type to single select, radio or multiple select, then you should click the Apply button to save the new property, then you will see an Edit option link next to this property. Click that link to add options for the new field type if it does not have any select option. If you change form name of one field, then that field will disappear on the field lists of old form and appear on fields list of new form. Hence, you have to filter fields of new form to rebuild database.”

First, the Field Type is disabled for editing, which means I don’t get to see the “edit” option which is said to follow changes to the Field Type.

HeR0 Friend

Hi,

Please go to Form Customizations >> filter fields with Job Form condition >> edit Job Type >> click to Edit Options as the screenshot http://prntscr.com/pc5xj .

<em>@environc 355100 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi,

I think there’s some misunderstanding. What I want is not to edit the field properties; I want to edit field values. Currently, we have the following values:

Contractor/Consultant
    Internship
    Other
    Full-time
    Part-time

I want to delete/change some of these so I can populate this field with my own values, in the same way you add your own locations and categories. I can’t see a place for this either in the Form Customizations or Field List Customization.
    Regards</blockquote>

Which type do you want to change?
    <blockquote>First, the Field Type is disabled for editing</blockquote>

Regards

environc Friend

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I will use this info for other fields in the future.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  environc 11 years, 8 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum