Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Hi, I need some help with customization of JA board.

I translated to component and module .ini files to the Dutch language, but I can’t find a few last things.

Where can I find/translate the prefix text “Please select” and “Select”

The first two field also echo the field name and not the field label.

Thanks, Mark

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@cadaccent 182303 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi, I need some help with customization of JA board.

I translated to component and module .ini files to the Dutch language, but I can’t find a few last things.

Where can I find/translate the prefix text “Please select” and “Select”

The first two field also echo the field name and not the field label.

Thanks, Mark

</blockquote>

Hi there,

In order to translate these texts in combo box such as “Please select” or “Select”, you must define a new text.

For instance, if you want to translate “– Select DUTCH_WORD —” , you must define one more text in file com_jajobboard.ini is SELECT DUTCH_WORD=Select dutch_word

Please try and get back to us for further information.

cadaccent Friend

I still didn’t get this to work, I have translated the words etc. in the language manager. But it still didn’t work.

The problem occurs when the option “Reference database” > “Is referred” is set to “No”

Result front end:

If I choose the option “Reference database” > “Is referred” is set to “Yes” the translation works. However I can’t see the option list in the front-end.

Result front-end:

Anonymous Moderator

<em>@cadaccent 186936 wrote:</em><blockquote>I still didn’t get this to work, I have translated the words etc. in the language manager. But it still didn’t work.

The problem occurs when the option “Reference database” > “Is referred” is set to “No”

Result front end:

If I choose the option “Reference database” > “Is referred” is set to “Yes” the translation works. However I can’t see the option list in the front-end.

Result front-end:
    </blockquote>

Guy,

You should not change the value of “Reference database” to “Is referred=No”. Kindly try defining more some following types in language file:

For instance:

SELECT DUTCH_WORD=Select dutch_word
    — SELECT DUTCH_WORD –=Select dutch_word
    Please select job_type=Please select job_type_dutch_word

cadaccent Friend

I have added more “translations” to the language file but I keep getting to same results.

Is it an option to create a Joomla Admin user for you so that you can have a look?

Thank,

Mark

Anonymous Moderator

Hey Mark,

Under this case, please securely update your original post with access to your site administrator and FTP servers by following the guide: http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/guidelines-for-efficient-prompt-help/

We shall have closer look after that. tks

cadaccent Friend

I finally got the solution as it turn out it’s quit simple, as long you know where to look.

The translation must include the “…”

For example:
    Please select salary_range…=Selecteer dienstverband

Thanks for the support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cadaccent 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum