Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Support,

I am having a problem getting the date to show up in the grey bar area. Instead, it is showing up underneath the grey bar:

Here:
    http://thread5.com/mcs1/index.php

How do I raise the date up so it is directly across from the breadcrumbs?

Thank you

TomC Moderator

Try this . . . . . .

Using your text editor (or whatever you use to edit your css), open template.css . . .
    (it’s within the file path – templates/ja_minisite/css)

at/about line 686, you will see the following code:

.ja-day {
    float: right;
    padding-right: 10px;

}

try modifying it as follows”

.ja-day {
    float: right;
    margin-top: -15px;
    padding-right: 10px;
    }

SAVE – CLEAN CACHE – REFRESH

Does that achieve the results you were looking for? You may have to play around with the margin number.

sunbox Friend

Thanks, that worked!

TomC Moderator

<em>@sunbox 264954 wrote:</em><blockquote>Thanks, that worked!</blockquote>
    You’re very welcome.

Just as an added bit of advice/assistance to/for you . . . .

Depending on the browser you use most (I use FireFox mostly), there are tools you can use to assist you in identifying various elements on web pages (such as CSS) and even perform “live test modifications” to see how it can affect the element. The testing doesn’t affect the actual/saved site, only for the purpose of testing modifications at that moment.

For FireFox, the go-to add on tool is FIREBUG

In Chrome, you can access the built-in inspector by pressing F12. (Or, if you want to inspect something like a header or something – just put your cursor over it, press N and right click – goes right to that element).

I used Firebug to find the CSS you needed to modify, and tested it out prior to replying with the suggestion.

Just some friendly advice that could help you as you progress. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 13 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum