Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am a newbie to Joomlart. The templates are great. Is there any template for dating/matchmaking or matrimonial website?

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Hi there,

well we do have any sepcific template for dating or matrimonial style. But you should look at the showcase of template to see if you can use any of them to your taste. Its all about sample data, which if you replace witth yours.. the site will look different. So find the template which can do the work and update your data into it.

http://www.joomlart.com/joomla/templates/showcase

Regards

Arvind

tfosnom Friend

PM me and I’ll send you the url of a wedding site I made using a JA template
    Shane

dalgill Friend

Hello Shane, I want to make Weddiing site can you PM me JA template and any ideas if come to your mind. Thank You. Dal

tfosnom Friend

Hi Dal
    The site I designed was 2 yrs ago and has since been removed (it was a design test not a client site)
    at the time I found Ja Droid was a good candidate for a wedding site.
    http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#ja_droid

These days I would choose a more modern site that is responsive and has more features and my pesonal choice of Joomla version would be 3.15. Ja has a range of stable templates that I’m sure would be fun to work with. I’d suggest JA Mixmax as it has a few features such as forum and events area or JA Brisk.

These templates are what I’d work with, less “Windows 8 blocky looking” like the last 4 or 5 templates and easy enough to use. Depending on what kind of wedding site you want, a personal “I’m getting married site” or a we offer wedding planning, reception cars type service site, will dictate what extra things are needed, there are extensions out there for a gift register where guest login and choose from a list of “wanted” items for the couple. Very good to avoid the couple getting 4 toasters :).

If you’re planning a service industry site, I’d suggest having a forum, a community area (JomSocial) and a good blogging component like EasyBlog, If you wish to add related items and partner with other wedding suppliers, perhaps a shopping cart to display a range of wedding cakes, dresses, flowers cars etc in many different locations in your state or territory.

I hope I have given you some solid ideas without overloading you, Arvind (drarvindc) is always available for assistance and direction re the best use of JA resources.

Blessings Shannon

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tfosnom 11 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum