Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Okay, I’m pretty sure I am not the only one for whom Internet Explorer 6 creates unyielding headaches for when designing our sites with CSS. My primary design browser is FireFox – and every time, without fail … no matter what I do, the site always displays skewed in IE6.

So, my question is, is there some kind of hack that can be placed within the index.php file – for ANY template – that, when the site is viewed in IE6, will pull from a separate CSS file for just IE6 ??

For myself, I’m thinking this would be the simplest solution for my ailes. This way, I could simply create a new css file – call it “IE6.css, ” cut/paste the relevant css rules into it, and (hopefully) have everything set up to display properly in IE6.

Does anyone know how to code a simple hack to accomplish this?

:((

TOM

desdevlover Friend

Hi man, let’s give this a try:

<!-->
    <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css/IE6.css" />
    <!-->

Menalto Friend

Or simple do this unless you have alot of css to get going(then the template is poorly coded)

<!-->
    <style type="text/css">
    #ja-wrapper {
    width: 100px
    }
    </style>
    <!-->

php4u Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 44513 wrote:</em><blockquote>Okay, I’m pretty sure I am not the only one for whom Internet Explorer 6 creates unyielding headaches for when designing our sites with CSS. My primary design browser is FireFox – and every time, without fail … no matter what I do, the site always displays skewed in IE6.

So, my question is, is there some kind of hack that can be placed within the index.php file – for ANY template – that, when the site is viewed in IE6, will pull from a separate CSS file for just IE6 ??

For myself, I’m thinking this would be the simplest solution for my ailes. This way, I could simply create a new css file – call it “IE6.css, ” cut/paste the relevant css rules into it, and (hopefully) have everything set up to display properly in IE6.

Does anyone know how to code a simple hack to accomplish this?

:((

TOM</blockquote>
    Did you every find a fix? I heard from a few clients who use IE6, who say the text is very large and the images do not display. The site uses Joomla 1.5 with JA_Purity. Looks fine in all other Browsers.

http://www.cocoacademy.org

Thank you in advance for any assistance,
    Ralph

TomC Moderator

<em>@php4u 115652 wrote:</em><blockquote>Did you every find a fix? I heard from a few clients who use IE6, who say the text is very large and the images do not display. The site uses Joomla 1.5 with JA_Purity. Looks fine in all other Browsers.

http://www.cocoacademy.org

Thank you in advance for any assistance,
    Ralph</blockquote>

Ralph, see the responses to my original question – that’s the fix.

What you need to do is create a separate stylesheet specifically for IE6 – tweaking the relative ids and classes as needed.

php4u Friend

Thanks Tom.

Confirming the code goes into the templates/ja_purity/index.php file? So I need to create a IE6.css file. Could you post yours for me? CSS is not my strong suit.
    ——–
    <!–>
    <link rel=”stylesheet” type=”text/css” href=”css/IE6.css” />
    <!–>
    ———

Perhaps I may have found a css fix via example; http://www.dave-woods.co.uk/?p=143

The URL above was informative but does not apply to my circumstance; images do not display and fonts too large as if IE6 disregards the CSS directions.

~Ralph

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  php4u 15 years, 7 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum