Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi I am Gerardo a registered member of joomlart. I have a serious problem with the menu on the top of the site. I have deleted the Main menu on wich I presume it was joined. Now it is impossible to reutrn to have it. I have re-created another “Main menu”, but it seems not work. This means that the only way to work is writing zero in the menu type of params.ini, but if I change tamplate the error returns. I hope I have been clear. Many thanks in advance.
    I have poste this also on the forum of the template.

mj1256 Friend

can’t you restore from a backup

standard protocol, make a backup of you site before making any changes

gerardo52 Friend

Many thanks. I have not done a backup because this is only a test site. But I will be happy to know How the menu that we normally see at the top of our site is joined to menus that we define in the menu manager. Where and which is the parameter to operate for join a joomla menu to the “top of the site” menu?

Many many thanks…

G.

Sherlock Friend

Hi gerardo52 !
    I think that this problem is name of menu . You can view parameter to join joomla menu to the top of menu in menu file .
    First You must know menu type you is using !
    Then you open menu file find code line :

$japarams->set( 'menutype', 'mainmenu' );

red code is menu name which is used for top menu .
    example : if you use split menu , you open ja_Splitmenu.php file in templates/ja_mageia folder.
    Note : You need verify menu name in administrator then replace name in red text .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sherlock 16 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum