Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dreambuilds Friend

Better than OK. I love comment option! 😀

prakash Friend

Yes, finally that the demo is out my initial thoughts

The demo looks good
    The user settings per category are good and would be useful for users to customize.
    Weather & Business modules are cool and finally come – these were requested long back and good that JA has implemented in this template
    the headlines flashing on top look good and hope the transitions can be customized
    the comments integration also looks good.

Now for some problems I saw
    Based on the content added it looks like that the height auto adjusts – which was a problem with earlier teline – but try using the user settings and changing – say I went to sports section – selected check all then show image – in intro 1 and in links i said 6. Now see how the content spreads unevenly! This has been the problem – there needs to be some fix where the highest height is applied to all in the row so that the content does not jumble up.
    The initial site does load fast – but like it was pointed out earler as a newssite is more about content + images (little one can do in the the template) but it did take some time before the entire site loaded.
    The inner pages look mostly like the previous Teline – though I believe that there might be more coding and customization done to achive the look. The inner pages load faster – which I believe may be due to the new framwork.

Whole in whole – users looking for a news site layout would be pleased with the template and the overall looks and customization it offers. Once actual content is put, then we can see the exact result one can achieve in the real world

joev Friend

Jusy my opinion, but I think the template style needs a shot of web 2.0 styling. There is very little color and graphic effects. I realize that it’s a news site, but once you start minimizing the number of articles and images on the front page, I think it’s very bland/boring. Lots of white and gray with no punch of color. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the backend enhancements and layout options are great. I just think the technical enhancements need to be combined with a more artistic styling, since visually, that’s what users will see first. Sites like bnet and bbc are news sites, but at least they have some styling, especially bnet.

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@joev 142988 wrote:</em><blockquote>Jusy my opinion, but I think the template style needs a shot of web 2.0 styling. There is very little color and graphic effects. I realize that it’s a news site, but once you start minimizing the number of articles and images on the front page, I think it’s very bland. Lots of white and gray with no punch of color. Don’t get me wrong, I’m sure the backend enhancements and layout options are great. I just think the technical enhancements need to be combined with a more artistic styling. Sites like bnet and bbc are new sites, but at least they have some styling, especially bnet.</blockquote>

joev,

It is much easier to go from white background to other color backgrounds, than the other way around.

The addition of color, as you admitted is more a window dressing. This should be added as specific revisions, as needed. These are best addressed as specific forum topics — assuming of course someone will respond.:)

In fact, I am already trying to find ways to find out what features I may “unpublish” or include in inner pages, to avoid too many photos and too many modules that will surely reduce the speed of presentation of the home page.

Speed is paramount, second only to the quality of the content.

Cornelio

4shot Friend

Hung,,,Ja Teline III is going to blow all of the other templates out of the water. I was due to release my website ( http://www.4shotsports.com/joomla ) using Ja Teline II next week but I’m really thinking about waiting for III.

Great job!!!!!!!

TomC Moderator

The Teline series is truly JA’s flagship

Christian Hesselmann Friend

…from Germany – As a developer Member we are all looking forward to a very hopefull Teline III. We like the beta because the template has some great features in it. But please buddies – Think of the special thrill of a good website – in fact we focus: the feeling that the user must /might/ have. So our tip: Maybe you bring out a few different “Teline III” layouts (…after launch the basic…): for example, for different industries (travel, business, clubs, sports, etc.).

But long story short sense: We are looking forward to Teline III.

Many greetings to overseas!:laugh:

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@hessel 143143 wrote:</em><blockquote>.Maybe you bring out a few different “Teline III” layouts (…after launch the basic…): for example, for different industries (travel, business, clubs, sports, etc.) …</blockquote>

Christian,

I have been proposing that too. There are unique scripting in the Teline II and Teline III templates, that will benefit templates intended for other information rich sites, as I presented here:

http://www.joomlart.com/forums/topic/why-the-teline-series-is-unique-so-popular-and/

However, if they create such iterations, I hope Joomlart keeps on improving the scripts, including the integration of the scripts of the Jxtended Magazine.

I would not mind paying a premium subscription cost — US $100-150 per year — for such a series alone, if it is really good including great support, manual and instructions and continued innovations.

Cornelio

TomC Moderator

hessel;143143 Maybe you bring out a few different “Teline III” layouts (…after launch the basic…): for example, for different industries (travel, business, clubs, sports, etc.).

JA provides the framework (i.e. template) . . . it’s then in the hands of the individual developer (i.e. you) to make it your own and customize it to whatever theme (or industry focus) you want. It’s actually a pretty universal template – can be focused to virtually ANY theme/industry topic matter . . . and therein lays it’s beauty.

😎

cgc0202 Friend

<em>@tcraw1010 143201 wrote:</em><blockquote>JA provides the framework (i.e. template) . . . it’s then in the hands of the individual developer (i.e. you) to make it your own and customize it to whatever theme (or industry focus) you want. It’s actually a pretty universal template – can be focused to virtually ANY theme/industry topic matter . . . and therein lays it’s beauty.

:cool:</blockquote>

Tom,

I like to learn new things, and I dabble with simple php and CSS. I ask a lot of questions here to get answers related to modifications I wanted to do. After sometime, I was able to modify my basic Teline II, or some custom layouts.

But it takes me forever to change CSS to get a simple layout that I want, or the appropriate color, etc. Sometimes, a simple “design” may take me several hours to days, even weeks. If I pay myself $50/h it would have cost me tens of thousands of dollars already. And that is the true cost of many custom made commercial templates, from what I gathered among webdevelopers that I know. And these are developers in the Philippines, where they charge only $15-30/h.

Many users here have no programming and scripting background and experience, some may not have the eye of an “artist” to create a nice looking customized. One of the users of Teline II is a surgeon, I am not sure how much they charge in Germany, but I had a preventive checkup consult with a neurologist once. For 10 minutes, he charged me extra co-pay pf $400. That did not even include his take from the insurance company. Surgeons are paid more.

The point that I am getting at here is that some Teline users may want to create customized templates, but they might not have the time to do it or do not have the background or experience to be able to create one. Cost wise, for some Teline users it would be cheaper in the long run to ask someone to do what they specify. Use their time instead to earn the money to pay for such customization.

I am asking someone for example to create logos for me because it is beyond my aesthetic capabilities. Teline III is a great advance from Teline II. However, I have decided to explore hiring someone to improve the functionalities of Teline III based from the features I posted in another thread. I do not want to wait another year, and not knowing whether Joomlart will do what I may have in mind.

I may even consider exploring whether those asking for features here that Joomlart may not make, so that we could share the cost of such customization. It will be cheaper the more people share the cost,

Compared to other Joomlart templates, Teline II and now Teline III are not that easy to customize — to make them more suitable for “Travel and Tourism”, “Nature and Wildlife”, etc. websites. Each have their look and feel.

As I outlined above, I would be willing to pay premium price for such Joomlart templates based on the Teline series, much like the Magento templates. I expect better though than what I saw initialy with the Magento templates. I may propose this in the feedback when I have more time.

Or, if Joomlart will not do it, I will try to explore if there are enough Teline users who may collaborate together so that we get such iterations of the Teline series, hire programmers and webdesigners, and share the customization costs.

These options are not exclusive. so I may explore all of them.

Cornelio

vrso71 Friend

How about implementing color variation so that users can choose desired colors ie red, blue, green? Is this possible?

Thanks!

VisiGod Friend

It looks good, but under the hood it is still JA work – NOT COMPLETED. All modules used in this template can not be used in any other language except English, if you don’t hack them.
    Again, the important is the DEMO, which sales, after that it doesn’t matter, who cares about the customers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  VisiGod 15 years, 1 month ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum