Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

3 DAYS AND NO RESPONSE FROM Joomlart SUPPORT TEAM!! Is there really anyone out there?

PROBLEM #1:

Have joomla 3.2 instance hosted by cloudaccess.net. Installation of JBeranis template and T3 went well. However, when I logged in, it said 2 updates were available:

1.) JA Image Hotspot Module for Joomla 2.5 & 3.1 | http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j16/mod_jaimagehotspot.xml
    2.) T3 System Plugin | http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j16/plg_system_t3.xml

Quite simply – they are not updating….. ERROR MESSAGE: INVALID EXTENSION UPDATE

PROBLEM #2: Logo truncated on upload – just wanted to know how to fix this. Looked at all forum posts – nothing suggested worked. I finally came up with a workaround – not a fix.

PROBLEM #3: In Theme Magic, when I select the violet “theme” – does not preview anything except the default “blue”. [Yes…. I clicked on “preview” – nothing changes, no progress bar – same with several other themes – no change on preview)

Look…. yes I’m new to your templates. I’ve scoured both the Joomlart discussion forums and T3 documentation and tutorials and do NOT see any options for these types of fixes. I’ve built a great website using RocketTheme and Gantry and it was not even remotely as difficult to make minor changes. BUT THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS UNRESPONSIVENESS FORM THE JoomlArt SUPPORT TEAM. The pre-sales techs were awesome and was a major reason why I chose this template club but I’ve had nothing but difficulty and no tech support response.

I am reluctant to continue making any further changes and fully implementing this website with no support whatsoever!

Totally frustrated in Orlando, Florida

tfosnom Friend

<em>@sahsen 402063 wrote:</em><blockquote>3 DAYS AND NO RESPONSE FROM Joomlart SUPPORT TEAM!! Is there really anyone out there?

PROBLEM #1:

Have joomla 3.2 instance hosted by cloudaccess.net. Installation of JBeranis template and T3 went well. However, when I logged in, it said 2 updates were available:

1.) JA Image Hotspot Module for Joomla 2.5 & 3.1 | http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j16/mod_jaimagehotspot.xml
    2.) T3 System Plugin | http://update.joomlart.com/service/tracking/j16/plg_system_t3.xml

Quite simply – they are not updating….. ERROR MESSAGE: INVALID EXTENSION UPDATE

PROBLEM #2: Logo truncated on upload – just wanted to know how to fix this. Looked at all forum posts – nothing suggested worked. I finally came up with a workaround – not a fix.

PROBLEM #3: In Theme Magic, when I select the violet “theme” – does not preview anything except the default “blue”. [Yes…. I clicked on “preview” – nothing changes, no progress bar – same with several other themes – no change on preview)

Look…. yes I’m new to your templates. I’ve scoured both the Joomlart discussion forums and T3 documentation and tutorials and do NOT see any options for these types of fixes. I’ve built a great website using RocketTheme and Gantry and it was not even remotely as difficult to make minor changes. BUT THE BIGGEST ISSUE IS UNRESPONSIVENESS FORM THE JoomlArt SUPPORT TEAM. The pre-sales techs were awesome and was a major reason why I chose this template club but I’ve had nothing but difficulty and no tech support response.

I am reluctant to continue making any further changes and fully implementing this website with no support whatsoever!

Totally frustrated in Orlando, Florida</blockquote>

Hey Sahsen
    First if you put a ticket in on a friday, remember JA support does not work over a weekend, that may explain a 3 day wait? To update any ja member based extensions you need to use the JA Extension Manager found in the Component section of the Admin backend, This will have to be setup to login to JA using your membership name and pwd there are several threads in the Joomlart tutorial section of the forum that show how to do this.

The logo is usually declared in the main template.css file located in template/css, you often need to allow the css to accomodate a new sizing relevent to your logo and NOT the default JA supplied one, However it is important to know something way to big horizontally is generally going to be cropped if its ove 250px wide.

I tend to make my own logo within 20 % (bigger) than the design implemented one and use the feature in module/template manager/ to upload my logo image, which then tends to resize the holding container appropriately. I don’t play with Thememagic much so I’ll stop advising at this point and leave that one to a developer.

Hope this eases your frustration and provides help
    Blessings Shannon

tfosnom Friend

Hey Sahsen
    First if you put a ticket in on a friday, remember JA support does not work over a weekend, that may explain a 3 day wait? To update any ja member based extensions you need to use the JA Extension Manager found in the Component section of the Admin backend, This will have to be setup to login to JA using your membership name and pwd there are several threads in the Joomlart tutorial section of the forum that show how to do this.

The logo is usually declared in the main template.css file located in template/css, you often need to allow the css to accomodate a new sizing relevent to your logo and NOT the default JA supplied one, However it is important to know something way to big horizontally is generally going to be cropped if its ove 250px wide.

I tend to make my own logo within 20 % (bigger) than the design implemented one and use the feature in module/template manager/ to upload my logo image, which then tends to resize the holding container appropriately. I don’t play with Thememagic much so I’ll stop advising at this point and leave that one to a developer.

Hope this eases your frustration and provides help
    Blessings Shannon

sahsen Friend

Appreciated the response. Will look again on the forum for information on updating the extensions and plugins!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sahsen 10 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum