Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I came across this site (obviously designed out of JA Xenia) . . . http://www.bestcruisespot.com/

Does anyone have any idea which component this site uses for the “Search Cruises” function at the top of the site – with the multiple parameter drop-down menus and the relative results generation? I could REALLY use something like this for my site.

Thanks for any thoughts, leads, references, etc.

🙂

bigrk Friend

It doesn’t look familiar to me. Maybe it is part of an affiliate program or something like that. I would contact the site and ask them directly.

ErikThorsen Friend

The component is something called: com_engine

I know it has been used on a few sites ( including car hire and so on ) but not sure who created it or how to get hold of it. Sorry about that.

Might have found it?
    http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,2834/Itemid,35/

Check this out. Perhaps this helps you out?

TomC Moderator

Thanks Erik … That does look very similar. If that is the component, then it must be customizable seeing as how the site I referenced is using it for selecting cruise packages as opposed to buying a yacht. I will look more into it.

(by the way, did you notice the which template that site seems to have used for their site?) 😉

ErikThorsen Friend

I sure did notice. And I do believe it is this compenent. I would assume ( though never seen the backend) that this comp works the way that you fill/add all your parameters in the backend and thus you can create new “sorting” criteria… But don’t know for sure how this works.

Guess best bet would be to contact the developers.. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ErikThorsen 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum