Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)
  • Author

Hi Brian,

My analysis of your last response to my post is that you made an error in the pre-installation, partly because of inexperience or lack of familiarity with the kit and basic terms. Were it not for those, the installation would have gone smoothly. The only way to resolve a problem is to perform key stages, one step at a time.

I have uploaded ten (10) identical Joomla 1.5.10-Teline II v1.6 QuickStart kits, a few weeks ago. Arvind and I were supposed to use it for the “optimization” project but I have not heard from Arvind yet. And, I am focused on other stuff right now.

If you want to try the “Browser installation”, I will let you use one of the ten I already uploaded — to try your skills. on this single step.
    Send me a note in private, if this is something you want to try. It will take me just a few minutes to set up the needed database, username, password, FTP user and password, as well as FTP access the specific directory. I will send them to you.

All you have to do is perform the “Seven Steps” as best as you can — after you have already memorized by heart each step and what to do.

Your main goal is to get an identical site exactly like the Demo page in the series:

Joomla Optimization 100
    http://demo.bayanihan-saranay.org/100/

Note that the Joomla Optimization 100 is almost identical to the Joomlart Demo — except it has a layout error in the Hot Topic. This error has been the subject of many threads in the Teline II for several weeks now, but because Joomlart has not corrected the error in the CSS of the Hot Topic module, it will continue to be asked again and again. [Part of the problemm is that some might not have bothered to do a search too for the prior threads, of similar questions that were already solved.].

If you are not able to get a replicate of the Demo site, if you are willing to learn, we can repeat the process — after you analyze what you have done to be more prepared for the next try — until you get it.

I am willing to collaborate with you, and let you use my online server, to perform the above, until you get it correctly — one step at a time, provided you are willing to learn how to learn — much like how Chris learned incrementally. We can use whatever you installed to show as a link here in the forum, for further discussions to resolve issues.

Cornelio

Viewing 31 post (of 31 total)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  cgc0202 15 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum