Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

<em>@lahatte 167537 wrote:</em><blockquote>I would like to know this as well. What is the best forum plugin for WP and what is the best forum plugin for Joomla? Can you use vbulletin (i guess that’s what it is called?) or is there a better one?

Thanks</blockquote>
    You can take a look at Simple:Press Forum plugin for WordPress. It’s free and fully integrated into WP.

penelopeb Friend

Small websites and blog = wordpress
    Bigger websites = joomlart

I prefer wordpress, only because I’m not very good with programming. 🙁

gnubler Friend

Yet another active thread about Joomla vs. WordPress full of replies from brand new members with only 1 or 2 posts. There are currently 3 active threads about this, all with 1-time posters asking for “advice” or if there are any tutorials on learning Joomla.

I’m curious – what’s the mission? Why was JoomlArt offline all day yesterday?

elmerv45 Friend

<em>@sleung 167228 wrote:</em><blockquote>I have used WP in the past and people tell meJoolma is a better alternative

As a rookie can someone explain to me the major differences

I was not that happy with the SEO pack for WP, How is Joolmas?</blockquote>
    I have only used WP in the past. I would also like to see a good answer to this post. I’m new here, so I’m interested in learning more about it.

gnubler Friend

Aha, signature link spam. I knew there was something behind all this sudden fascination of Joomla vs. WordPress.

Thanks for cluttering up the forum with your useless posts. You waste the time of those who actually want to help.

coppock Friend

Hi, i like wordpress, I find that joomla doesn’t optimise too well.
    We tend to use Drupal, they have quite a few decent SEO features.

elmerv45 Friend

<em>@gnubler 168344 wrote:</em><blockquote>Aha, signature link spam. I knew there was something behind all this sudden fascination of Joomla vs. WordPress.

Thanks for cluttering up the forum with your useless posts. You waste the time of those who actually want to help.</blockquote>

Sir. I resent your insinuation that I am cluttering up this forum. Just because I am new and don’t yet know as much as you do about the subject, that is no reason for your rude behavior.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

Elmer

acluett Friend

Joomla! is generating tabled output and for that it is not complying with web standards. This might be true for version 1.0, in version 1.5 we have added a template in the default installation that generates output that is complying to those webstandards. In other words; the designer can choose whatever he wants to output.

foxfire666 Friend

You said in your post that you are a newby. I think you better can use WP. it may not be ideal but for newbies it is much more easy to use. And of course as other say here, you can use both.

Good luck with your work

Sorry for my poor english :-[ Dutch guy here!

Rik

john689689 Friend

I have quite a few wordpress sites and I don’t think there could be anything easier to use than WordPress.

Great features, ridiculously cool plugins and themes.

nefar Friend

Joomla and WordPress are two different platforms that fufill different functions. WordPress in it’s true form is bloging software. Sure, people can addon to it but it’s overall base functions is blog and it does that function exceedingly well with a UI that is easy to learn. If you compare Joomla ‘blog’ functions vs wordpress for useablity I think wordpress would come out ahead, especially in ease of use. If one simply needs a ‘blog’ using Joomla is really a waste as you won’t use 99% of it’s capability.

I don’t know if I would go as far as Suertes to say Joomla is more “superior” it simply has a more robust toolset. It really comes down to what you need for your site. If you don’t need a membership base site or a large ‘portal’ site and do mostly blog posts I would keep to wordpress.

ameliadrilon Friend

It’s a better platform for larger sites – like news sites and membership-type sites.

healthy food tips

magma1 Friend

I think it depends on the site. I used both of them

I wish if there is a simple solution to run WP on Joomla, the current blogging extension are good as WP

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

This topic contains 43 replies, has 38 voices, and was last updated by  magma1 14 years, 2 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum