Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have been doing changes in the custom.css. Now I would like to use all the color themes in different pages on my site. To be able to do that i want to change som colors. Do I only need one Custom.css if I use several themes eg pink, blue? I have compared the template.css in both themes, and all styles have the same name!

Pink

a {
    color: #ff6fa2
    text-decoration: none;
    }

Standard

a {
    color: #3498db
    text-decoration: none;
    }

How do I call on different custom.css, or do I need to change the values in the original css.files?

Thanks!

TomC Moderator

Unfortunately, the custom.css feature (generally) only works with core template CSS.

For the various color theme CSS that you may want to modify, you will need to work with the CSS files relative to that color theme.

As a rule of thumb, whether you’re using custom.css or not, always run a complete backup of your site prior to any update/upgrade.

antesan Friend

Ok, thats to bad! But Is it not possible to copy the entire library “pink” under themes and rename it to “my_pink” and use that one to avoid owerwriting on upgrade. If this is the case, how do I call my new theme “my_pink” and from where?

Ninja Lead Moderator

@antesan: You can create templates/ja_medicare/css/custom.css file and add the custom css style there, this custom css will not be affected when updating template.

TomC Moderator

<em>@Ninja Lead 497124 wrote:</em><blockquote>@antesan : You can create templates/ja_medicare/css/custom.css file and add the custom css style there, this custom css will not be affected when updating template.</blockquote>

Yes, but as I mentioned above – and unless I am mistaken – the custom.css feature (generally) only works with core template CSS.

For the various color theme CSS that you may want to modify, you will need to work with the CSS files relative to that color theme.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  TomC 9 years ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum