Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Hi questbg, Just a couple comments to what you said:

No point opening chat rooms for just one person, whatever the site…. unless you you are in the habit of talking to yourself
    :D:D:D

Just include a ‘Chat’ button and the room is opened. Also, on front page with Who’s Online, we also have Users in Chat statistic. Very ncie!

Yes, very nice. Let’s hope this will happen. It would be great.

scotty Friend

Yes an official dedicated chat room would be best of course.

questbg Friend

<em>@wooohanetworks 104505 wrote:</em><blockquote>check it out first….;)</blockquote>

Been there, checked it. Doesn’t seem to be Mac compatible?

So, I couldn’t join in with you peeps :((

Therefore, I’m happy for a ‘simple chat’ like all other chat rooms, so long as I can join 😀

PS. @ Sunrise, I often do find myself talking to myself :-[

questbg Friend

<em>@scotty 104508 wrote:</em><blockquote>Yes an official dedicated chat room would be best of course.</blockquote>

I agree, besides, it would be nice if some of the JA staff could drop in now and again to chat in a non-official capacity. Would like to get to know some of these guys better in a ‘non-business’ mode.

Mind you, this thread is updating so fast it’s nearly a chat room in its own right;) 😀

sunrise Friend

Hi questbg,

It’s not bad to talk to yourself sometimes. Then at least you know that the “other guy” is listening, hopefully. And you get the response you want and the answers you like, unless you argue with yourself too.
    😀

wooohanetworks Friend

When the JA Staff has the time to get into a non business mode with you….;) :(( Otherwise I also would like the idea of a shop section here at Joomlart.com, maybe also some vacation booking section and some other things, maybe like an airport lounge with duty free, some grocery store maybe too, as come on, you know the deal, all those sites and homepages who offer those goodies are all whitelabel solutions and easy to implement like a chat room, just some iframes and we would have here a nice shopping center with chit chat lounge, vacation and shopping section, yippppoeeeiiee..and will forget to answer any help request and also will rarely work on our own sites from then.:D

No, to be serious, would like to know if JA even considers a chit chat room at all as this is more business related forum and not really a fun club.;)

bennitos Friend

Nice scotty gabbly looks good, lets hope they make a official one if not we can start one ourself with that 🙂

Myself i feel more for a simple chat and forum section compared something like imvu, i havent tried it (yet). But first impression it looks a bit like second life wich personally is not really my thing.
    I prefer a simple plain text chat box 🙂

Really nice to see that so many people are up for this!

anisjolly Friend

don’t know whether this has been mentioned – no time to read through the whole thread at the mo….but

I know I started this thread off n all but we need to ensure that members don’t start to use the chat room to get people to help them to fix their problems. This would make it extremely difficult to search the forums in order to find answers (especially for newbies).

Maybe the chat area can be used as a last resort to assist in getting issues fixed by members who have good knowledge – BUT the threads etc are used just like now to post problems – along with the answers.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

This topic contains 38 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  anisjolly 15 years, 9 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum