Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi Arvind

A Suggestion:

Can we look at getting pdf documentation instead of this annoying html/blog post methods for all templates, I don’t wish to go online all the time to check docs when I could run up a pdf at home. while the wall installationincludes some docs, previous forum based template guides are a mess and a pain to grab load into a word document correct spelling and remove unwanted artifact then convert to pdf 🙂
    Cheers Shannon

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

Shannon,

No, we are not going to provide PDF documentations. The guides will be forum based.

For bigger extensions or templates (wall) it is either with the demo or in the wiki.

For the regular monthly templates it would be forum based only. Let me know why they seem messy to you?

Arvind

tfosnom Friend

Hi Arvind
    Thanks for replying.

Amongst other problems related to wireless broadband connection that is woefull and can’t be fixed due to rural location. if I need a reference, I find it really hard to have to fire up the connection (I’m not permanently online) go to do the login, navigate to the particular forum, then without a real index navigate though a list/series of chunky blocky looking forum posts to find what I want.

That’s my definition of messy Arvind. I then have to cut & paste the relevant info into a word doc save etc . just to have an offline record. The documentation for any 2.5 template isn’t much in the way of usage its a bunch of screenies of backend settings no real instruction or hints, tips or alternatives etc. Rarely added to or upgraded as changes and revisions are made.

Things like common questions that always crop up, like, “How do I change the logo, (height, width, where is it found?) How do I change link colours, menu items, where is the text (home text) “Insert home text whatever here) found. FAQ’s on new templates is a must. But lacking here.

I prefer something at least formatted for a print layout that is can we have the online guide for each template in a seperate non forum format please, Just to avoid the continuous forum details that accompany the list of posts. One document ready to print or then save as a PDF?

I hope you see this as a genuine need/concern to many here and not a tirade or useless rant 🙂

Cheers Shannon

Arvind Chauhan Moderator

will move this topic to general discussion… its offtopic here.

Arvind

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arvind Chauhan 12 years, 4 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum