Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m currently with siteground, and they have Joomla via Fantastico. I initially installed Dravity Quickinstall after installing Joomla with Fantastico, and I did get the demo layout working, however after failing at backing up (and shifting from local to remote host), I have had to start again, uninstall and reinstall, but I haven’t been able to get the demo layout.

So far I have spent two days (and two very late nights) on it (reinstalling/uninstalling and trying again), but each time I update the files, I get database errors (when I create my own database).

If anyone could steer me in the right direction, it would be much appreciated. If not, are there any manual instructions on how to create the demo frontpage layout for Dravity? I have no problem creating the ja_news, but I am not sure how to create the style notes, trends today, etc menus/sections or the style blog.

Nam Nguyen Phi Friend

Pls clear old source code (backup recommend), start to fresh install. In installation process, pls remember select install sample database and drop old table.
    Regard.

chaosnoir Friend

Sorry, can you provide more detail. I’m not sure what you mean by old source,

chaosnoir Friend

<em>@namnp129 50255 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pls clear old source code (backup recommend), start to fresh install. In installation process, pls remember select install sample database and drop old table.
    Regard.</blockquote>

When you say ‘old source code’, do you mean deleting the fantastico directory files for joomla (backing up before that), and then reload the quickstart files?

With installing a sample database, I have tried to install a database. First I go into the mySQL wizard to create one, and then that database comes up on myPHPadmin…but I don’t know what you mean by dropping the old table.

chaosnoir Friend

<em>@namnp129 50255 wrote:</em><blockquote>Pls clear old source code (backup recommend), start to fresh install. In installation process, pls remember select install sample database and drop old table.
    Regard.</blockquote>.

Backup is all right, if I have to reinstall I’ll just use fantastico, as I don’t have any content on my site as yet.

I am deleting the old files, and have dropped the old table by picking the drop option. I have created another database, I’m just hoping it will work when I upload the quick install files.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chaosnoir 16 years, 6 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum