Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Okay, I am currently working on customizing a site based on Iris – and I am using the dropline menu feature as part of my main navigation.

When the site initially loads, all of the dropline menu items are displayed for a second or two before disappearing and he mainnav looking normal again. Why is this? Is there some backend parameter I need to change to stop this from occurring?

:((

Sherlock Friend

Hi tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site

TomC Moderator

<em>@hainn84 64027 wrote:</em><blockquote>Hi tcraw1010 !
    Please send url of your site</blockquote>
    With all due respect, hainn …. How many times do I have to tell you that I am designing on a localhost server?
    I think I’ve explained the situation fairly well above – you should be able to understand my issue and, if possible, offer a solution.

I had a suggestion about changing a line in the ja-scriptdlmenu.js file from

jaAddEvent(window, ‘load’, jasdl_initJAScriptDLMenu)

to

jaAddEvent(window, ‘onload‘, jasdl_initJAScriptDLMenu)

but that did not work.

Any additional thoughts/suggestions would be most appreciated.

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??

mj1256 Friend

mine does it to for just a split second. I’m not offended by it. It seems like it might just be a script loading order issue?

look and see if this is whats happening to you
    click here

TomC Moderator

Yes, but it shouldn’t be happening at all like that.

I’m sure it’s a script fix – I just have no idea what it is.

TomC Moderator

Anyone ??

TomC Moderator

I’m going to keep bumping this thread until I get a viable answer / solution.
    It’s obviously a code fix within the js file – and I would assume that the JA Developers would know how to fix it.

TomC Moderator

Help Me !!!!

TomC Moderator

I guess the JA Developers don’t know how to correct their own code.

TomC Moderator

kashxo Friend

Hello tcraw1010,
    Because the dropline script need to wait until DOM Ready to init, that why you will see the menu appear at 1 or 2 second before hiding. Sometimes, It need to wait for CSS file loaded before apply style to the menu items. You will see this happen in many site.
    For example, I’m using Opera to open Yahoo! (http://yahoo.com) and click on login, for 1 or 2 second, the style looking really bad until the browser finish loading css file.

However, we will looking into this issue and will have an update later.
    Thank you very much for your report.

TomC Moderator

Thank you for your reply.

I hope you can figure out a fix for this – as it looks very unprofessional to have all of the sub-menu items display when the site loads
    – even if it’s only for 1 or 2 seconds.

😎

TomC Moderator

Still waiting for the Support Team to “look into this” and update me / us.

mj1256 Friend

as kashxo said, its a loading order issue.

I also use opera exclusively and experience this on major websites like yahoo, cnn, foxnews, and my comcast email access.

I don’t think site visitors even give it a second thought.

the good news is that they are looking into the issue and you finally got your response from the team.:D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

This topic contains 20 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  kashxo 16 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum