Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

For some inexplicable reason (at least to me), the slideshow’s color in Rasite 1.7 does not change from its brown/purple color to the theme-color selected (especially in the light-color options) as it does in version 1.5. Can anyone PLEEEEEASE HELP resolve this issue. Thank u so very much.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Can you please show us your website so we can identify the problem please?

Also did you clear t3-assets cache etc ?

mzaf Friend

Its currently on my hard disk, but its really not a problem restricted to me, its also manifested on JA’s demo:
    Here is Rasite 1.5 with the light purple theme – http://www.joomlart.com/demo/#templates.joomlart.com/ja_rasite,
    then click on the “1.7 tab” located on the left and see the difference.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

Well for me it’s working just fine can you please tell me which specific color is not working ?

mzaf Friend

Light purple. For some reason Slideshow (the tabs on the right) is not the same color in version 1.7 as it is in version 1.5 In fact, if you click on the link I provided above and switch to 1.7, you’ll see the difference.

I really appreciate your assistance, as I am feeling quite frustrated not being able to move forward and not knowing whether this rather simple issue (apparently not for me though lol) can be resolved.
    Thanks again for your help.

Manos Moderator

Hi,

I have escalated this issue so it will be fixed soon from our dev’s, i am following this up and i will let you know as soon as the solution is ready!

mzaf Friend

Thank u so very much … I really appreciate your assistance and look forward to their prompt reply.

mzaf Friend

Is the issue I raised so difficult that it should take this long to resolve? I am becoming concerned that there is no resolution to it and that perhaps I should look for another template. What do you think? It is somewhat perplexing that the issue of changing color is taking so much time and effort, especially considering that it is something that many people would want to change.

I think that when it comes to colors, it should never be hard-coded … it should be a variable where the user can assign the hex-code for it. The simplest way to implement it would be a 2 column table (for each template) where the rows for the 1st column represent all the different elements that are assigned a color, and the second column would be the default colors with the ability for users to over-ride them.

That would save Joomlart a ton of support time and the user- a ton of time and aggravation … a Win Win situation – don’t u think?

Manos Moderator

Hi,

This has been identified as a bug and our dev’s are working on this. I can assure you that there will be an update really soon for you and all of our customers!

I can’t tell you if it’s a variable or something else because myself i am not much of a coder ( used to be in the past but not anymore ). So as far as i can tell one of our dev’s is working on it and soon there will be un update for this, solving the problem on JA Slideshow for J!.1.7.x

In the mean time thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

mzaf Friend

Its been 2 weeks since I’ve posted this problem and still no resolution. It is mind-bugling that Joomlart’s dev team can’t resolve, what I would consider, a relatively simple bug – yet serious enough to stop one from using the template. They must be either very understaffed or incompetent. I can’t believe that I’ve given them my money for 4 years 🙁

cssyeah Moderator

Hi mzaf,

Thank you for post this bug, I’m checking and I’ll send you the update as soon as.

Thanks.

cssyeah Moderator

Hi mzaf,

Open the template.css file in the core/themes/light_purple folder and goto about line 210. Replace the following css code section:

/* JA Slideshow2 ---*/
    .ja-slidewrap { border: 1px solid #E5D7F1; }

.ja-slide-thumb-inner {
    background: #F9F6FD;
    border-top: 1px solid #E5D7F1;
    color: #757575;
    }

#ja-slideshow .ja-slide-thumb img {
    background: #fff;
    border: 1px solid #E5D7F1;
    }

.ja-slide-thumb-inner img {
    }

.active .ja-slide-thumb-inner img {
    background: #A55CAD;
    border: 1px solid #C37FCA;
    }

.ja-vertical_right .active {
    background: url(../images/arrow-bg.gif) no-repeat center left;
    }

.ja-vertical_left .active {
    background: url(../images/arrow-bg2.gif) no-repeat center right;
    }

.ja-slide-thumbs-wrap .active .ja-slide-thumb-inner { background: url(../images/grad-bg.gif) repeat-x top left #A55CAD; }

by

/* JA Slideshow2 ---*/
    .ja-slidewrap_rasite { border: none; }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .ja-slidewrap { border: 1px solid #E5D7F1; }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .ja-slide-thumb-inner {
    background: #F9F6FD;
    border-top: 1px solid #E5D7F1;
    color: #757575;
    }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .ja-slide-thumb img {
    }

.ja-slide-thumb-inner img {
    }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .active .ja-slide-thumb-inner img {
    background: #A55CAD;
    border: 1px solid #C37FCA;
    }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .ja-vertical_right .active {
    background: url(../images/arrow-bg.gif) no-repeat center left;
    }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite.ja-vertical_left .active {
    background: url(../images/arrow-bg2.gif) no-repeat center right;
    }

.ja-slidewrap_rasite .ja-slide-thumbs-wrap .active .ja-slide-thumb-inner { background: url(../images/grad-bg.gif) repeat-x top left #A55CAD; }

Send me pm if have bug, plz

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  cssyeah 12 years, 11 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum