Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi, I just signed up at Joomlart. I am split between two different templates and am curious if there is a simple way to upload just a few files to get the templates to look as they do in the demo. For example, I used the Quickstart to install JA Edinite, but also want to try JA Nickel and JA Antares to see which I like better. I realize I can accomplish this by starting over from scrartch but do I really need to upload the entire directory again? Essentially, which folders in the quickstart need to be uploaded to achieve the specific templates design elements.

Thanks,

JH

prakash Friend

hi…quickstart is one of the easiest methods to get the complete look. But what you can do is simply upload the template file and you will get an idea of how the site would look like..for each template there are 3 folders..extensions, quickstart, templates.
    The templates folder has just the template files.
    You need to go into the admin panel>extensions>install/uninstall
    in that select the template file from the templates folder and then
    go to
    extensions>template manager> select the radio button on the template you want to make default and then click default to the top right…
    this will show the new template.
    But you need to understand that each template has its own module positions and hence, due to changes in layout some module positions would need to be changed from the module mananger…but overall look and feel could be checked.

jessehunt Friend

<em>@prbalge 134878 wrote:</em><blockquote>But you need to understand that each template has its own module positions and hence, due to changes in layout some module positions would need to be changed from the module mananger…but overall look and feel could be checked.</blockquote>

This is exactly what I was referring to. Is it possible to upload only the files/folders from the quickstart that are relative to the module positions needed for each template? What file has the module positions defined and can this file simply be uploaded (instead of the entire QS folder).

Thanks.

prakash Friend

hi..as far as my knowledge goes…thats not a possibility. what you will need to do is manually install the modules / templates / etc..and then update the module positions accordingly..
    say to give an example..in some you have like user5,user6 ….and in some you have no such position. hence you need to reconfigure the modules to show in the correct places…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  prakash 15 years, 3 months ago.

We moved to new unified forum. Please post all new support queries in our New Forum